Sunday, May 30, 2010

The desire to be better.....

Probably for the past month or so, I have just had these promptings to be better. Truly live closer to my Savior and be better than I ever have been before. It came with the feelings of responsibility and love. I know I have had these promptings many times in my life that help me to just live above the world and to truly follow all of the promptings of the Holy Ghost. These promptings reminded me of a quote from my favorite book, To Draw Closer To God..."Man is a spiritual being, a soul, and at some period of his life everyone is possessed with an irresistible desire to know his relationship to the Infinite... There is something within him which urges him to rise above himself, to control his environment, to master the body and all things physical and live in a higher and more beautiful world." I absolutely love this quote and I know that it is these irresistible urges that I am feeling. As I have felt these promptings, I realize that the baby that we will be blessed with deserves this life. To live in that higher and more beautiful world. He is such a precious child and Heavenly Father and his mother will be entrusting him to my care. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that helps prepare us spiritually for the responsibilities and blessings that come into our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment