Saturday, May 1, 2010

On our way to getting approved....

Well the past couple weeks have been really awesome! Last weekend we went to our adoption classes and it was so neat to listen to the different panels. There was an adoptive parent panel, a birth parent panel, and an adoptee panel. I really learned so much learning from each of their experiences with adoption as well as shed a lot of tears. When the adoptive couples spoke, it was neat to hear about each miracle that occurs with the placement of each baby. I know our Heavenly Father loves each of us and is in every integral step of the adoption process. From the birth parent receiving certain promptings to which couple their baby should go to and from the promptings the adoptive couples receive that they know which baby is supposed to be in their home. Truly miracles have not ceased and I have felt our Heavenly Father's love with each adoption. As the birth moms spoke, I started bawling as soon as the first girl started speaking. Truly, they are chosen women to be able to sacrifice their own feelings for their love of their baby. All of these women were amazing and admire their strength and courage for speaking to us about their experience. One girl said she had gotten pregnant at 16 and she had remembered learning in seminary about the proclamtion to the world and in class they talked about how a baby deserves to be born to a family with a mother and a father and she knew she needed to place her baby for adoption, because she could not give her baby that. I wanted to give her a huge hug because of her love for her child. I feel so much love already for the birth mom I have not yet met who will give me the opportunity to be a mom. One of the questions that was asked to the birth moms was "what did your adoptive couple do to help you through the adoption process?" One girl said that her and the adoptive mom would email and text everyday and that when the adoptive mom would go shopping, she would take a picture and text it to the birth mom and help her decide what bedding and so forth she should get. I know that each adoption will be different in how open it will be and I know I will need the guidance of the spirit to know what will be best for the child, but I could totally see myself getting attached to the birth mom as well and loving her as much as this adoptive mother loved her birth mother. Well, I am going on and on, but the classes were amazing and I loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment