Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy (early) Mother's Day!!


So I know this is a few days early, but I was just thinking about Mothers Day and how amazing my Mom is. She really is incredible. Now as I look forward to being a mom, I look back on all that my mom has done for me and it really is overwhelming. I never really thought about all the time she spent driving me everywhere for soccer until just recently. I remember that she would get done with work as soon as she could so she could pick me up from school so I could make it to one soccer practice for a couple of hours, and then she would drive me to another practice after that and of course she had a snack for me in the car that I could eat between practices. Then she would wait another 2 hours for practice and finally drive the hour long car ride home just so we could get home around 8:00 so she could hurry and make dinner for the family. The sad part was that this was the daily schedule. I look back now and see how much she loved me and was always my biggest support in everything I did. I am grateful for all of our car time that we were able to spend together and talk.
Now that the soccer days are over, my mom is still busier than ever. She really is the hardest worker in the world. If I ever had a project that I needed to get done, I would always ask my mom because she was able to get done twice as much as I could in the same amount of time. I always describe her as this cute energizer bunny. She has so much energy, she puts me to shame. She wakes up every morning at about 5:00 am and runs around 6 miles and then the whole day she just goes non-stop. She is so funny to watch with all of the grandkids because I think she makes them tired:) I love going on walks with my mom and talking. It is kind of funny because the faster we talk, the faster we end up walking. I love my mom so much and am so grateful for all that she has done for me and all that she has taught me and continues to teach me. Love you mom, Happy early Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment