Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's A Boy....

We are so excited and filled with much love and gratitude for our Heavenly Father and also for the birthmom (Cassie) who is planning on placing her baby boy with us! On Saturday night, Ron and I went to the movies and while we were waiting at the end of the movie, Ron checked his email and found out that Cassie had contacted us. We were so excited that we both started crying. I was so excited to talk to her on Sunday that I really didn't sleep that night. I actually had a dream that she had chosen to place her baby with us, but then I woke up and realized it was a dream. We prayed before calling her because we both were so nervous and excited. I was so nervous, but it was amazing that I just felt the spirit so strong as soon as she started speaking and an overwhelming peace just settled over me. We were both overwhelmed with how selfless Cassie is. She is truly a chosen daughter of our Father in Heaven who he loves so much! I have felt the love he has for her and her precious child many times. Like I said before, Ron and I were just amazed at how selfless Cassie is. I was asking her if she wanted to be involved in picking out the crib and bedding and all that stuff and she said, "I have had the chance to do all that before and you have not. Think of it as if you were 7 months pregnant and you and your husband get to share the excitement of picking out the crib together and doing all of these things together. Honestly, I can't think of a more Christlike individual. I have learned so much about Christlike love in the first time I spoke to her. (wow, I am crying right now)
We can't believe that we actually might be parents. Monday morning I went straight to Carters, Babys R Us, online shopping at Baby Gap, etc. It was so much fun!
We are grateful that Cassie is considering us and our thoughts and prayers are with her.

1 comment:

  1. Darce...I am soooo happy for you! You will be an amazing mom! My kids LOVE you! Good luck and keep us posted on the updates! What a wonderful blessing to come into your lives. When is the baby due?

    ReplyDelete