Sunday, September 19, 2010

Prayers answered....

I remember days after Karsen left our home, praying, "Heavenly Father, if Karsen is not coming back to our home, please help me to feel that peace and help me to have closure." I guess it is part of the grieving process that you tend to think that the child will return, but I needed to get those thoughts out of my head. The next few days and even weeks after, I kept hoping that he was going to return and didn't feel some of the answers to my prayers until about a month later. I was able to feel peace in knowing that Karsen was not coming to our home and another baby will be coming to our home. I know our Heavenly Father answers prayers and that it is not always as soon as we think the answer should come, nevertheless, it will come. I feel so much excitement and love for the child that I don't even know yet that will come to our home. We all have trials and I know we learn our dependence on our Heavenly Father in many different ways. I have now stopped asking questions and just have faith He knows what is best for us:) I have been reading this book by Elder Maxwell and I loved this part of the book....

"Even if and when we seem to have squeezed out the last full measure of our devotion, an omniscient and perfectly empathic God not only knows the difficulties through which we have passed and are passing but also knows if any residue of unused devotion still remains to further the process!"

I love that! I have always heard the quote about how we will not be tried more than we can handle, which is great, but I look at trials differently now. He knows how much devotion we have left to change us. Ron shared with me how when he was 26, he went through a really difficult trial and just thought, "Crap,I'm 26! this cannot be the most difficult trial I will have to pass through." What he went through then really helped us in our last trial. I feel the same way right now. "Crap, I'm 25! This cannot be the most difficult trial I will have to go through." Yet, I know it has strengthened me in the trials that will come later!
Anyway, it's been a good Sunday! I don't mean to sound preachy, but I just wanted to write down some of the thoughts I have had today! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment