Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My journals....

I started a new journal last night and this sounds kinda lame, but I get excited each time I start a new journal. Whenever I am done with a journal and put it away, I find myself flipping an old journal open and just starting to read. I usually start crying too because I am always reminded of how much my Heavenly Father loves me and that He has never left me. I seems that when I keep a journal, I am able to notice more the hand of the Lord in my life. I was teaching a lesson on journals in Young Women's a little while back and so I started reading through my journals and I was reminded of all the little things as well as the big things the Lord has done for me in my life. Whether it be the stresses in junior high, soccer in high school, college life, dating, the decision to marry Ron, our infertility heartache, and everything in between, our Heavenly Father has never left me. It is amazing to read those reminders when sometimes life gets difficult. I also love to write in journals so that one day my kids can read them and see how cool their mom is:) Haha! They will really find out what a nerd I am, but hopefully they will know how much I love the Lord. I love to write to my kids also and tell them how much we love them and cannot wait for them to come into our home. In times when I get discouraged, I think of them just saying, "Mom, I'm coming, just wait a little longer." Anyway, journals have blessed my life so much!

I had to put a picture of this journal. Queen Amidala! I think this journal is from 2000. I always laugh when I see this one because my brothers were really into Star Wars and I think I got this for a Christmas present from one of them:)

















No comments:

Post a Comment