Thursday, June 3, 2010

What is a permanent hold? OH, I will tell you!

So Cassie asked me yesterday if her caseworker could put our profile on a permanent hold. I wasn't quite sure what it was, but it sounded good to me. I asked Cassie what that meant and she said, "It means that no other birth mothers could choose us and that we would be Karsen's parents permanently." When she told me that, I was about to cry. We have talked about it and planned it, but it just feels so real when you hear it or see it in writing. Cassie said that it meant that she wanted to place Karsen with us permanently! I can't even explain how amazing it feels and it will only be more amazing when we actually get to hold him. What makes it even more amazing is that Cassie said she was excited also. We will be forever grateful for the life Cassie is making possible for us and also her unconditional love. I always expected to feel the love she has for Karsen, but what I didn't expect is the love she has for me and Ron. She truly amazes me everyday and I am excited that we will have an open adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment