Friday, June 18, 2010

Dinner with Cassie and her mom...

Well, last night, Ron and I met with Cassie and our caseworkers and just had a good time talking. It was really nice that we feel so comfortable talking with Cassie. Our caseworker said this meeting is usually when the adoptive couple and the birth mom meet for the first time and everyone can be really nervous. I was nervous that the caseworkers were there more than anything, but all my fears went away when we started talking about "Eclipse". Ha Ha, I am just kidding, but I am excited to go to the movie with Cassie and my mom. Anyway, I just have to say that I love Cassie! I have felt so grateful for her and all that she gives to us that I just don't exactly know what to do. I always tell her how grateful I am for which I am sure she is sick of:) but at this time, I cannot love Karsen more or do something for him and so when I see something I think Cassie might like, I will buy it for her. She was so amazing last night when she told us that we didn't need to buy her anything. She said, I know what I am doing is a sacred thing! She truly is a mother who loves her son and I love her for that! Cass, we will still buy you stuff anyway:) Also, tonight we went out to dinner with Cassie and her mom and it was a lot of fun. Her mom is a sweetheart and we loved getting to know her. It is always nice to talk to different family members and hear their perspective on our adoption. Whether it be Cassie, her mom, my mom, etc., they all have a different perspective and it is good for us to understand where everyone is coming from. I am truly grateful that their is love and support from both sides! Cassie's mom was such a sweetheart and talked about how usually the father gives the baby the first bath and Cassie asked Ron if he would want to give Karsen his first bath. It was pretty cute because he started tearing up and it took him by surprise and he tried to say, "I would love to " without crying. He is going to be such an amazing dad! We are so excited for that day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment