Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A special temple trip...

Yesterday when I was at the temple, I had a cute little temple worker ask me how old I was. I told her I was 25 and she looked at me with a funny look and she said that I looked really young. She then asked if I was married and I told her yes and then she asked if I had children. I told her that we didn't have any yet, but that we will be adopting a baby boy in a couple of months. It was amazing as I told this little old lady this, that the spirit just confirmed to me again that Heavenly Father loves Cassie so much and also that we are supposed to be Karsen's parents. I have had many confirmations like this, but none that were this strong. It truly was an amazing experience and I know our Heavenly Father's hand is in each of our lives. It is no mistake that we are in the families that we are in. I have felt our Heavenly Father's hand so much as we have been guided to Cassie and Karsen. I started crying when I told the temple worker that we would be adopting and she said, "Oh sorry dear, I didn't mean to ask you something so personal!" I told her that I was crying because I was happy and just felt how blessed we were and grateful for the temple and eternal families. She gave me a hug and we I went on my way. Truly the temple is the house of the Lord and I feel his guidance there so much.
We are told that our home can be like a temple and I have felt that tonight. Ron started singing and playing on the piano, "From God's Arms to my Arms to Yours" and I again felt the spirit so strong. Adoption truly is about love and about miracles. I have heard over and over about how each adoption will have it's own miracles. I can truly say that I have seen miracles in our adoption journey. Heavenly Father has been involved in every step of the way. I know the miracles are our Heavenly Father's hands. He loves His children so much and I have been able to witness just how much He loves Karsen and will always love Karsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment