Tuesday, June 15, 2010

7 Weeks...

Well, there is less than 7 weeks until Cassie is due and we couldn't be more excited. We really have been trying to get Karsen's room completed and buy all of the essentials. It has been such an amazing experience even buying all of the stuff. I didn't realize how down I was for a while. I thought I was always my usual energetic and happy self, but since we found out that Karsen was coming, life has a whole new meaning. I have so much more energy and happiness as I go to work, as I run in the morning, as I read my scriptures,as Ron and I go on our walks, etc. I am just filled with so much joy and gratitude for this sweet baby boy and his amazing mother that will bless our family so much. Sometimes I am just driving down the road and just feel complete happiness. If I feel that way now, I cannot even imagine how it will feel when we actually bring Karsen home. I will forever love Cassie for giving me this happiness. Truly Cassie is my hero and I don't know a more selfless and loving person. I am so excited to go to dinner with her and her mom in a couple of days. I have learned so much through our adoption journey. One of which is just how grateful I am for the precious children in my life and also the sacred blessing it is to be a mother. Never take your children for granted:) Yeah, The countdown begins!! As soon as we have Karsen's room put together, I will make sure to post pictures!!

3 comments:

  1. Darcee I can't be more excited for you! Being a mother is everything and more that you could have asked for! You are a darling couple! I wish the very best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darcee let's just say that you are not the only bawl baby, I am in tears reading about you and Ron's journey. We have had a few close friends go through it as well and there is no question that it is God's plan for you, the baby and the birth mother! What a blessing adoption is for all involved, even us bystanders that get to have a new found appreciation for our own children. Thank you for sharing, I look forward to updates as his arrival gets closer, LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcee!! I love your blog. I'm so excited for you and Ron! Both of you are going to be amazing parents and I'm just so happy for you. I didn't realize you'd already named Karsen. How exciting!
    Motherhood has brought me more joy than I ever could have imagined. It's the most special, fun, hard, amazing responsibility you'll ever have. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete