Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 13, 2014


                                                          Waiting at the airport......
So Saturday night, we went to the airport to pick up P. I was getting a little anxious as we waited in the terminal for P, but then I also thought of how anxious I'm sure she was as she just moved to a place where she didn't really know anyone and just having faith that everything would work out. Her flight was supposed to come in at 10:45pm and I think it arrived around 11:30. As soon as we saw her, all my anxiety went away and I just ran up to P and gave her a hug. She is so beautiful and has the kindest heart. We had a wonderful drive to our friend's house and got in about 1:00am. Which meant that it was 3:00am New York time and P had been traveling for the past 12 hours and was exhausted. After we dropped her off, I just felt an overwhelming feeling of peace and joy. I was so excited that P was here, was comfortable in her new home, and I knew that P immediately felt loved and had new friends when she walked into that home. I felt that love and felt very welcome as well when we walked into our friend's home.  I was inspired and desired to have that kind of home as well. A home that people always feel at home. A home that I can offer whatever I have to others. I hope that I can create this kind of home for my children. A home where they and their friends always want to be and they just feel at home. Anyway, P is in a good home with great people.

I just have to say again how grateful I am for P.  She truly is one of the most humble, loving, and kind people I have ever met. The more I get to know P, the more impressed I am.She is a little more reserved, but has a lot of depth that I hope to learn more about one day. She really just has a good heart!

Anyway, we are so excited to get to know P even more and to hold our baby girl soon. Sunday night we had P over for brownies and hot fudge (made by Ron) and so she could meet Reese and Nora. The girls were really excited and a little hyper. They showed P all their tricks on their gymnastics bar, their rooms, their dolls, how to jump on their mini trampoline, and how they lay down in their beds. It was nice for P to meet the girls at our house because that is where they are happiest and you can really get to know their personalities. I think one of the cutest parts of the night was when Reese just walked over to P and started rubbing her belly. I had been talking to Reese about how her baby sister was growing in P's belly. I was explaining to her that Mama wasn't able to have babies and so Heavenly Father found another way for her, Nora, and her new baby sister to come to our family. She understood that part, but the part she was confused with is when she whispered to me, " So the baby is going to come out of P's mouth." ummmmmm, that is pretty good thinking for a 3 yr old. The girls gave P hugs when she left and we had a wonderful visit with her. I am so grateful for P and for giving so much and loving our baby so much to place her with our family. It is neat to feel our baby girl a part of our family as we pray for her everyday, as Reese and Nora pray for their baby sister, and as we prepare for her arrival. We are so grateful for adoption and birth mothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment