Monday, September 8, 2014

New York New York...

Life has been a little crazy the past couple of weeks. Last weekend we were waiting to hear whether our birth moth was going to come to Utah to have the baby or stay in New York. She decided to stay in New York and so now we are trying to make a tentative plan. It's kind of difficult to book your flights, hotel, and who will be watching our girls for a week when we don't know what week that will be:) Planning for when someone goes into labor is kinda difficult and I'm not even the one that is pregnant:) I am tempted to just book our flights for around the due date because right now it is $163, but if we wait until she goes into labor its almost $500 one way. I realized quickly though that I don't want to be away from Reese and Nora more than I have to. Especially since the longest I have been away from Reese and Nora is 24 hours. ( I know I know..... I have attachment issues.) Anyway, I started to pack everything up for the girls to be away at grandparents house for a week and am getting everything ready for the baby. I get so excited as I am folding up baby clothes, blankets, and everything else for the baby and putting it in the suitcase. I'm so grateful that we have our little portable crib from when we were in Detroit with Reese. I'm so excited to hold our baby girl soon!
A couple days ago, I had asked Ron for a blessing and the blessing I received was once again a witness to me that Heavenly Father knows the desires of our heart and that our sweet baby girl is definitely supposed to come to us. I was blessed that our girls would be well taken care of when we went to New York. I was blessed that our baby girl was strong and valiant and that she was excited to see me. I was blessed with other things that were very personal and helped me know that everything was going to be alright.

When it comes to adoption, I always pray for grace. It is something that I don't quite understand, but I know that it is real. One thing I know for sure is that a birth mother, placing her baby, is going to be experiencing one of the most difficult things she will ever do in her life and it sometimes even takes the help of heaven to bring that precious child to his/her family. I also know though, that when we have done all that we can do, our Savior's grace is available. That strengthening and enabling power to do what you cannot do on your own. When we have been obedient and done all that we can do and listened to the spirit, we can expect miracles. I truly believe that and I have watched it happen with each of my girls. Sometimes that strengthening and enabling power comes from a friend that just knows exactly what to say and is the strength you need when you are weak. It can come in many different ways, but I know that it comes. When I think of grace, adoption, birth mothers, etc., it makes me even more grateful for our Savior's infinite atonement. That strengthening and enabling power comes from a Savior that has suffered all of our pains, anxieties, doubts, trials, and knows how to do what we cannot do on our own.  My testimony is strengthened every time we adopt because I understand even more the worth of Heavenly Father's precious children. I definitely feel how much He loves our sweet baby, but all of His children. I have felt how much He loves our birth mother and what He sees in her. I have felt how much Heavenly Father loves me and trusts me to love, raise, and teach 3 of His sweet daughters. I am so grateful to be a mother. We just keep praying that everything works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment