Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Reese's first day of preschool....

I can't believe Reese is old enough to start preschool. I remember when Reese was 3 months old, weighing only 5 lbs and my friends telling me that if I wanted Reese to go to Jump4Joy preschool, I needed to put Reese on the waiting list. This was 2011 and I remember thinking, "Seriously, that is so far away. It will be a long time before I worry about preschool." Well, it is like they say..... I seriously blinked and Reese is now old enough for preschool. She was so excited for school that she went to bed really well and then was ready for school about 3 hours before it was time to go. I finally gave in and we drove down to school and arrived 15 minutes early and so we just drove around. Reese kept noticing that I was driving past her preschool and so she asked me to just park in front. We were waiting out front with all the parents when the teacher comes out in all this safari gear and has lots of binoculars, safari hats, nets, and blow up dinosaurs. Ms. Jackie said that she needed help catching all of the dinosaurs inside and started handing out nets, hats, etc. to all the kids. They ran inside to get the dinosaurs and there was no tears, but just laughing and huge smiles. I thought it would be more difficult for me than it was, but it is hard for me to be sad when she is so ready to start school. She loves to learn, she loves to make new friends, and her teachers are absolutely amazing. 


 I went a little overboard on pictures, but with it being my first child going to preschool, this is a pretty big day. She had to wear her great grandma's necklace that she was given a couple days prior to school starting.





 I love this picture, but I am so sad I cut off the top of her head.
 When I went to go pick up Reese. All the parents were just waiting for the kids to come out and Ms. Jackie came out and said, "We had a problem today." I am pretty sure that all of us parents were thinking, "Great, what did my child do?" Then Ms. Jackie said that the kids went up to get the dinosaurs and then she lost them. So all she could find was the dinosaurs. All of a sudden, the kids came running out in dinosaur masks and yelling, "roar". It was really cute and Reese looked so happy. We got into the car and I asked Reese if she wanted to go to the grocery store and she said, "Mama, I can't. I'm so tired." Yep, she was right because she fell asleep about 2 minutes later. I thought this picture of her sleeping was a great one to remember of her first day at preschool:)


No comments:

Post a Comment