Sunday, September 21, 2014

Nora is 18 months....

 I can't believe my Nora is 18 months already. She is getting so big and so smart. I love that she is such a Mama's girl and is still attached to me. She is growing up so fast I don't mind her being attached to me a little longer than most. So here are a few things about Nora at 18 months......

Her favorite TV show: Team Umizumi
Favorite Foods/drinks: chocolate milk, frozen Gogurts, GoGo squeezes, Kidz Clif Bars, pears, grapes, thin pretzels
Favorite things to do: play on gymnastics bar, ride her 4 wheeler, and play on her slide
- Nora is a little ham or a little turkey as Reese would call her. Nora loves to make people laugh. Her specialty is her "roar". 
- Nora is a great sleeper. At nap time, all I need to do is put her in her crib with her blankets, turn on her projector, and close the door and she is asleep within a couple of minutes. Lately, at bedtime, I have loved turning on her projector (which project fish on the ceiling and plays music), sit in the rocking chair, cuddle under a blanket, and just talk. Even though I can't really understand most of the things she is saying, Nora will go on and on about the fish. I will ask her which fish is her favorite? What did the mama fish say? We have a good conversation and Nora just tells me all about her day. The best part is when she will answer a question and then start laughing hysterically at her answer and I have no idea what she just said, but we just laugh together. 
- Nora loves to do things on her own and loves to do whatever Reese is doing. The other day we went to get gelata and she insisted on doing everything on her own. She was holding her cup of ice cream and the top of the ice cream was laying on her shirt, but she didn't want any help. I just let her enjoy it and tried to wipe ice cream off her legs and arms. She got in the bath when we got home and I'm pretty sure she had a whole scoop of gelata in her diaper:) Yum!
-Nora is very observant. I have said this many times before,but she learns so much by just observing what her sister is doing. We have been working with Reese on learning the articles of faith. She knows the first 4 articles of faith and sometimes when she doesn't want to say them, we will just ask Nora instead because Reese will usually interject and finish the A of F. Well, the other day, we asked Nora if she wanted to say her articles of faith and she pretty much recited the whole first Article of Faith and then clapped for herself. Ron and I were so surprised and realized she is watching everything that we do. This was a great teaching moment for me when I consider how much they are learning during Family Home Evening. Our FHE's usually don't last very long, but Nora taught me that she is learning from what we do and the things we teach.  -Nora is in the zone! What I mean by this is that she loves TV. We actually have to be pretty careful about how much TV we watch because Nora will start watching TV and zone out of everything around her. She also zones out when she is using the Ipad, but at least she plays educational games:) 
- Nora loves the bath, but has a difficult time not splashing all over the walls 

We love our Nora boo! 






No comments:

Post a Comment