Saturday, November 29, 2014

Savior of the World....

Last weekend, we went to see "Savior of the World" at the conference center theater and once again......it was AMAZING!! Ron and I go every year because I love it and also, this is where Ron proposed to me. I have literally seen the show 10 times. If you have not seen Savior of the World, I would strongly recommend it.

Event Description

The musical production Savior of the World, based on scriptural accounts of the birth and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, will return to the Conference Center Theater for the Christmas season. The show features a cast of talented actors, singers, and musicians sharing testimony through drama and song of the divine mission of Jesus Christ, the Son of God and Savior of the world.
According to the director, "The purpose of this production is to testify of Jesus Christ. During the Christmas season, Savior of the World provides a meaningful opportunity for all to remember His birth and Resurrection and renew their devotion to Him." The production, presented in the state-of-the-art Conference Center Theater, features a beautiful soundtrack.
https://www.lds.org/church/events/temple-square-events/2014-savior-of-the-world?lang=eng
Watching this show always gets me ready for Christmas and reminds me what the true meaning of Christmas should be. The thing that I love most about this show is that it truly testifies of Jesus Christ. The spirit it undeniable and you can feel it so strongly as the choir sings certain songs or when scriptures are quoted. It is truly amazing.  One of my favorite parts of the show is when the angel comes to the shepherds in the field and tells them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord." (Luke2: 10-11). After the angel tells the shepherds this, the choir of angels rejoice and start to sing. Every time, it brings me to tears because the spirit is so strong. I love it. I won't give the whole story away, but you should definitely go this holiday season. 
Here is also a link to the amazing music.....
https://www.lds.org/callings/music/savior-of-the-world/download-material?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment