Monday, November 10, 2014

Lola, Reese, and Nora.......



 These three are truly 3 peas in a pod. When Lola came back home with us, we got home really late Thursday night. Reese has been waking up in the middle of the night and coming into our bed to sleep. In the morning, I woke up to feed Lola and I was just laying in bed with her. Reese woke up and rolled over and saw Lola and said, "Mama, She's back! She's back!" Then she wanted to hold her. Reese has so many unique qualities that make a an unbelievable big sister. She truly cares about people, she is selfless, and she is a nurturer at heart. It seems like in the past couple of months, I have watched Reese grow up right before my eyes. She is my little helper and has been such a delight to be around. She has made sure that Nora has plenty of attention, she loves to hold Lola, and she is just so sweet when she talks about Nora and Lola. Nora was so excited when she saw Lola was back with us. I put her on the bed and she just started yelling, "baby, baby, baby, " and tried to pick her up. Nora has been so amazing as well. I can't believe how much she has grown up in the past couple of months as well. It kind of makes me sad, but I am so proud of her. Nora has started talking so much more and communicating better. She has also been such a great helper. She loves to give Lola her binky, feed Lola, and she loves to hold her. Nora has a sense of humor that can brighten your day. She finds something that will make you laugh and then will completely ham it up. I am so grateful for my sweet girls that fill my life with so much happiness.

 We are so grateful to have baby Lola back in our home. Although we cannot adopt her right now, I know this is where she is supposed to be right now and I know that Heavenly Father has given us the strength and understanding to take care of her in our home. It is a very interesting situation to be in just because when we were in a similar situation 4 years ago, we brought the baby home for 3 days and then the birth mother decided to parent and they came and took him. That experience was so difficult for me that it took me months to get over it and feel normal again. I swore to myself that we would never allow ourselves to be in that situation again and I actually would not allow Lola to come home with us when Portia wanted us to do this same thing in the hospital. Now, 4 weeks later, we were asking to have her back, knowing that we cannot adopt her. What has cause the changed in our attitude? The Spirit! I can't tell you how important the
Spirit has been in this entire process. I don't know what Heavenly Father's plan is for sweet Lola, but there is a plan and He has brought together an army of amazing people to take care of her. I can't express enough how grateful I am for my testimony and how much it has been strengthened. I have learned that I can do anything if Heavenly Father is with me. I have learned that I don't have to worry about what might come next if I follow the Spirit. I know that Heavenly Father is all knowing which means that I can trust him completely and do not have to rely upon my own understanding. I also know that you can have peace and happiness during any trial. We have had so much fun as a family with Lola. She has been an honorary Scoville and we didn't wast time with her. She experienced what a Scoville dance party was like, movie nights, watch USC football games, trunk or treating, and feel what a happy family feels like. I know that everyone didn't understand or agree with Lola coming back with us, but we felt that this is what Heavenly Father wanted us to do and so we didn't worry what other people thought. We were able to love her, care for her, and not just give her a place to stay, but give her a home and family. I have tried to make our home a safe haven from the storms and a place that the spirit can dwell. I hope that we have been able to give that to Lola. She is a special daughter of our Heavenly Father and I know that He is keenly aware of her. He knows her strengths and weaknesses, he knows what is best for her and what she needs to become more like Him. All I can do is just be an instrument in His hands for as long as I can.












No comments:

Post a Comment