Saturday, November 22, 2014

Build a Bear Workshop...

 A couple weekends ago, Ron was playing in the State Doubles racquetball tournament down in South Jordan. We were excited to go down and watch him play and meet up with Sadie (Nora's birth mother). Ron played really well and actually took 1st place in one division and 3rd in another division. The girls always love getting new medals:) What kid wouldn't want to get a big shiny medal (Especially if your child ever watches Wreck it Ralph).
While Ron was still playing, Sadie, the girls, and I went and did some shopping at IKEA and then we went to build-a-bear. I had been promising Reese that I would take her there for quite a while and she was so excited! We have only been to Build a Bear once before and it was truly magical. The fact that we were in Downtown Disney probably helped with the magical effect. I had promised Reese that I would take them to Build a Bear because they have been through a lot lately and have been so amazing. Just as Heavenly Father has blessed Ron and I, He has been very mindful of Reese and Nora and has blessed them in so many ways during the past couple of months. I have been so proud of them and just wanted to do take them to do something fun! Reese absolutely loves My Little Ponies and as soon as she saw the ponies, she knew what she wanted. The girls had fun picking out their pony and reindeer and watching them come to life. When we were walking to dinner, it was so funny to watch Nora. She insisted on carrying her own box and didn't want anyone to help her. She was so happy and she dragged her reindeer all through Gateway. We were laughing the whole time and she grabbed the attention of everyone that passed her.


 It was great to spend the day with Sadie. We love her so much and I am very grateful for our relationship! I am very grateful for open adoptions and that Sadie is a part of our family. I truly feel like that. People wonder how we can have this type of relationship and it feels like she is my little sister. She comes over to our house and helps me with the girls. I don't worry if the house is a mess because she doesn't judge me, she just loves and is always full of gratitude. Sadie is truly one of the most selfless people I have ever met. She has and continues to always think of what is best for Nora and our family. She protects our family and I absolutely love her. We are so proud of Sadie. She has worked so hard since she placed Nora to get to where she is. She has such a strong testimony, she is mature, independent, she works hard, goes to school, she goes to institute, and she is SO HAPPY! I absolutely love seeing how happy she is. Sadie is taking a temple prep class right now and is planning on receiving her endowments in a couple on months and has invited us to come when she goes through the temple.  I am so excited for her and that she wants us to be in the temple with her. I am so grateful to have Sadie in our life!











No comments:

Post a Comment