Thursday, November 6, 2014

Black Island Farms

Reese went on her first field trip to Black Island Farms and she absolutely loved it. She has been loving school and was very excited to go on her field trip. Although she wasn't sure what a field trip was. With everything that was going on with Lola, I really wanted Reese to be able to go on her field trip and some fun! We were supposed to be down in Syracuse at 10:45am and we were already running late. We needed to leave around 10:00 and it was already 10:15. I had no gas, but my gas light turned on right as I pulled into Maverick. I hurried and went to fill up the tank and I realized I had forgotten my wallet at home. Perfect! If I went home and grabbed my wallet, we would definitely miss the field trip, but I wasn't sure if I could make it to Ron's office without running out of gas. As the determined mother I was to get Reese to her first field trip, I drove on to Ron's office. I called Ron and he met me in the parking lot and brought me some cash and his credit card. We hurried and filled up the car and barely made it to Black Island Farms before her class left on the hay ride. Reese and Nora had fun picking pumpkins from the pumpkin patch. They also loved sliding down the slides, playing in the corn box, and riding in the cow train. They actually had so much fun on the cow train that they didn't get out of it and rode it twice. Nora was so cute. She waved at us the whole time and was constantly turning side to side so she could face us and wave. It was great to see how much fun the girls were having. Ron was able to come down and meet us during his lunch break. I'm so glad that he was able to see the girls having fun as well. He was also able to take Reese down some of the big slides. Reese loved it!











No comments:

Post a Comment