Tuesday, May 3, 2011

WOW! that was a close one!

Yesterday was quite a day! We were pretty set that all of the paperwork from the Interstate Compact would go through and that we would get to go home with Ron. I thought that I might be able to go home on Friday, but the paperwork hadn't gone through yet. I was getting really homesick and asked Ron if he would fly out with us over the weekend and bring us home on Monday. Well, we checked out at 2:00pm and drove to these little stores that were close to the airport. 3:00, 4:00, and 5:00 roll around and we still have not heard anything. For Ron to make his flight, he would have to drop us off at the apt and leave by 5:30. So we waited in the apt parking lot hoping that we would get the call, which we didn't. I started to cry and just told Ron that I wanted to go home. We decided to drive to the airport and just in case we received the call, we would have a little bit more time to make our flight. So we sat outside the car rental place at 6:00, 6:15. I asked Ron at what time we give up. He said 6:30 is the absolute latest. So finally at 6:28, we make one last call to see if they had cleared us to fly home and they told us that the call had just came through. Are you kidding me!!! We hurried and turned in the rental car and got on the shuttle. I carried Reese in her car seat and base with 2 other bags while Ron carried all our luggage. We got to security and there was a LONG LONG line. Ron asked the security guy if we could go thru the priority entrance and he told us that with a baby we definitely could. So we jumped to the front of the line. Then as I went through security, I had to take Reese out of her car seat and walk through, which caused quite a response. "How old is she", "How much does she weigh", "Oh, look at that baby". The security lady went and got her boss so she could show her. I told them we were in a hurry and had to go. So then we ran to the boarding place and had to check in the car seat. The ladies told us that there was an extra seat and so we could take Reese in her car seat if we wanted to ( she was a lap child). I was so excited. So then we ran to the boarding lines and as soon as we got there, we hear, "Family boarding can now go thru". So we went right on thru and took our seats. Sat down out of breath and sweaty and gave a prayer of thanks. Ron and I both just looked at each other and couldn't believe what just happened. Heavenly Father truly helped us to get home and Reese did amazing on the flight. She didn't even cry on take off and then slept the whole way through. I wanted to cry that we were finally going home. It was a miracle that we were able to make our flight. I am so grateful that we were able to go home together with our little girl. I can't even tell you how much I love being home. As soon as i got home, the dogs started licking me and Sachi was running through my legs and running in circles around me. I missed my dogs and I'm glad they remembered me.

2 comments:

  1. Darcee, I just found your blog and have been sobbing for like the last hour reading about your miracle! Congratulations! You are going to be the best mother, and your sweet Reese is darling! What a blessing it is to have the gospel in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darcee I am so excited for you guys. Congrats. I feel like you weren't here in Michigan long. I'm sorry sky and I were zero help. Anyways I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you and Ron to be able to finally take Reese home. So awesome. You and Ron will be the best parents ever.
    Hope to see you soon.
    Love
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete