Sunday, May 8, 2011

Loving being home








I am absolutely loving being home! Everything is becoming more real to me that Reese is ours. When I was out in Detroit with her, although I knew that the papers were signed and she was ours, I still was scared that she would get taken away. I think part of the feelings I had were because of similar circumstances that happened with our failed placement that happened about a year ago. Although, I knew that Reese was our daughter and she was meant to come to our family, it felt a little weird just her and I in the apartment by ourselves and not being able to have Ron around for a part of the time and not being home, feeling like I could not show my beautiful baby girl to our family and friends. As soon as Ron came to us, those feelings went away a little more and as I was able to come home, those feeling disappeared. I cannot believe we have been so blessed with this beautiful baby girl. When we were in Michigan, I just thought of how content Reese was and all the family she knew was Ron, my mom, and myself. She was just so happy all the time. I started to think about all the people that love her, have prayed for her, and awaited her arrival and she did not have a clue. She was so happy with a mom, dad, and grandma. It has been overwhelming the love and support we have received from family, friends, co-workers, patients, clients, our ward, neighbors, etc. Truly, Reese is a prayed for baby and is loved so much! Everyday, I see more and more ways that help me see that Reese truly was meant for our family. I have always felt that our children will come to us in different ways and the first time I saw Reese, I knew she was my daughter and that she knew me. Her eyes are the purest things I have ever seen and I knew that she knew me. It amazes me everyday as I look at Reese's tiny hands, feet, ears, fingers, etc. and am in awe how Heavenly Father can create someone so tiny and yet so perfect. Reese is very alert and is aware of her surroundings. I took her outside for the first time a couple days ago and it was neat to see her turn her head toward the sound of a bird and just look at everything.
















I love just being home with Reese and Ron and do the little things as a famiy. I love it when Ron and I give Reese a bath and if she starts to cry, we sing to her and she gets very happy. I love playing dress up about 5 times a day and then Ron and I have our photo shoot time with her. I love it when she is sleeping and just starts smiling away(she is probably farting, but its still cute), I love that she calms right down when I start to sing ( I cannot carry a tune, but Reese likes it), I love it when she grabs my pinky when she drinks her bottle, when she sleeps with her hands up by her face, I love praying with Reese and feeling just how much our Heavenly Father loves our baby girl.








I love how excited Reese gets when she sees Ron and that she knows I am her Mom. I cannot thank our Heavenly Father enough for blessing us with our sweet baby girl. I start to cry when I think about all the blessings he has blessed us with. Eternal families have a whole new meaning and I cannot wait to go to the temple and have Reese sealed to us. I am so grateful for the trials that we went through over the past few years that have strengthened and humbled us. Truly "dispute not because ye see not. For ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith". The amazing thing was that Reese was not the witness, she was above and beyond the witnesses we had already received. Thanks everyone for all your love and support!























1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Darcee!! I am so happy for you & Ron. You will both be amazing parents. Reese is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete