Friday, May 13, 2011

The greatest Mother's Day

This was definitely the most amazing Mother's Day I have ever had. It is incredible how much joy our little baby brings into our life. I was so excited to celebrate Mother's Day with my little family. I woke up early in the morning to find Reese awake with a card on her stomach that said, " Mommy" on it. The funny part was that the card covered her whole body. She is so cute in the morning. She is alert as can be and is just looking around at the ceilings and chewing on her hand. I started bawling as I read the card which said.......
"Mommy, thank you for waking up every night to feed me and staying up with me when you're really tired.
Thank you for flying across the country to a place that is kind of scary to be with me.
Thank you for spending two weeks away from home- I really needed you.
Thank you for being brave and sticking it out when Daddy couldn't be there.
Thank you for bringing me home with you, and making this my home too.
Thank you for loving me and for reminding me of the place I just came from. I left my Heavenly parents to come to earth and when you hold me in your arms, it reminds me of the love I knew before.
I love you Mommy!
Reese"
I started bawling as I read this card and realizing again and again, what an amazing blessing Reese is and how much she has changed me already. Before we adopted Reese, it was our desire for this precious baby and trials that humbled and changed us. Now once again, it is the love that we have for our little girl that helps us to do things that we never thought we could do, and become what we need to become. I remember having dreams that we had adopted a baby girl and then waking up to find that it was not real and then crying myself to sleep. Now, I find myself being reminded that she is ours several times a day and I just have to go pick her up from her sleep to hold her. I think all the time about how pure she is. I just want her to know how much we love her and how much she is loved by our Father in Heaven and that she will never question that love. It is amazing how much love you can feel for this little baby so quickly. As Reese has had to have quite a few medical procedures done, I have wanted to cry with her. The cutest thing is that when the procedures are being done, she starts to cry, but she always grabs on to one of my fingers and I start to talk to her and she calms right down. I remember when I was little and sick, my Mom would stroke my forehead and I calmed right down and fell asleep. I just cannot believe that I am that comfort for Reese now. It is such an amazing feeling to know exactly what Reese needs when she is crying. I am so grateful for Reese and for being so loving, trusting, and forgiving.
This mothers day, I am also very grateful for all of the wonderful mothers in my life. I am even more grateful for all that my mom has done for me over the years. It was such an amazing experience to be able to have my Mom with me when I met my little girl in Detroit. The first night after meeting Reese, I was lying in bed and had tears streaming down my cheeks as I thought about all that my Mom had done for me throughout my life and just how much she loved me. She was still teaching me about what it means to be a mother as she came to Detroit with me. She was training for the Ogden marathon and was busy with many other things, but she did not want me travel to Detroit alone so she sacrificed her time to come with me. The first few days in the hospital with my Mom and my daughter will be special memories that I will never forget.
I am also very grateful for Ron's mom. She is such as amazing example to me and has taught me so much about serving and loving. Ron's mom is always very willing to help in any way possible. I am always in awe as I watch her help plan baby showers, bridal showers, and parties for people she barely even knows. I am grateful for the things she has taught Ron that has blessed our family so much. I am also grateful for the examples of my sister and sisters-in-law. They all love being mothers and/or will be amazing mothers when that day comes. They never complain about their kids, but love doing things with their kids. It has been such an amazing Mother's Day and I am very grateful for this opportunity to be Reese's mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment