Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy "One month" Reese!!

I can't believe Reese is actually one month old already! I have been trying to update my blog since the day we came to Michigan, but it has been so crazy and I don't have Wifi in my room. I apologize for the delayed pictures and updates, but I have lots to post:) Last Tuesday my mom and I flew out to Michigan to see our beautiful baby girl Reese at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. To say that I was excited to see her would be an understatement! When we first came into the NICU, I started crying as I saw our beautiful baby girl and I was also surprised at how tiny she was. I couldn't believe how a baby could be that small and yet be so perfect. When I first picked her up, I thought I would break her. The nurses were so wonderful and showed me that she definitely wouldn't break. They called her their "peanut rockstar" because she was itty bitty, but could out eat the big kids (the other babies). She is the cutest thing I have ever seen. When I started talking to her, she started smiling and the nurses kept telling me that she hasn't smiled like that before. Reese has the most purest eyes I have ever seen and she is so strong. I start to cry when I think about all that Reese has gone thru by herself. She has so much strength and continues to surprise everyone around her with her progress. The nurses absolutely loved her and had named her Lindsey, Gabby, and Peanut. I am so grateful for the care and love they gave to Reese. I will write tomorrow. There is so much to write! This was right after Reese's bath.













When we got here last Tuesday, Reese weighed 3 lb .5 oz. I was so excited to see how much she had gained each day. Now, she weighs about 3lbs 10oz

























































1 comment:

  1. Darcee,
    I am so excited for you guys!!! I hadn't heard the wonderful news about Reese joining your family. She is so beautiful!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete