Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Updates on Reese....




Reese is doing great! She truly is our miracle baby. Sunday I called the nurses and they told me that she is rooting and so they tried giving her a bottle. WHAT? They said that she probably would not be ready for the bottle for another 4 weeks. Usually preemies have not learned to breathe while eating or they have stomach problems, etc. The nurse said she drank the whole bottle. Of course I started to cry (little miracles) I know that does not sound too cool for most people, but it truly is amazing! She's our little fighter! I told Ron that she came early because she just couldn't wait any longer to come down to us and she is eating so well because she just wants to come home to us. She had a head ultrasound done sunday night to check for any bleeding or trauma and everything was normal. Today when I talked to the nurse, she said that Reese has been now taking almost all of her feedings from a bottle. It is just incredible and I know our Heavenly Father is blessing Reese and watching over her. I know prayer works!!! I get so sad when I think that no one is there with her right now, but then I feel so much peace because I realize that is not true.....our Heavenly Father is with her, comforting her, and blessing her with the things she stands in need of. I am so excited to be with her soon. We have not received a court date yet, but I couldn't stand it any longer and booked a flight for next Tuesday. My mom is coming with me so that will be so nice to have her with me. I cannot wait to hold Reese. I am sure it will be an emotional day! The nurse said today that she is tiny, but healthy and strong and ready to take on the world. Reese is such a precious baby that has been sent to our family. I have felt just how much Heavenly Father loves our baby girl and that she has been entrusted to our care. I am definitely grateful!!


The other day, our nieces made pictures for Reese that I can take to the hospital with me. I think they are about the cutest pictures I have ever seen...

Sorry about Reese's name being spelled 5 different ways. We have been going back and forth and I finally decided that I like Reese the best. Hopefully nobody will call her Reeses Pieces:) I had told my nieces we were going to spell her name Reece and then we changed our minds so it is my fault her name is wrong in the pictures. (just had to throw that disclaimer out there:)

This is the cutest picture up above! Kennedy drew this picture of all of the girls on a tandem bike. You will notice how 5 of them have slanted eyes and then the last 2 of course are darker.

Kennedy, Kaiya, Kelsey, Kolby, Khloe, Isla, and Reese



Kolby drew a picture for Reese with all these stickers and drawings on it and I asked her what the yellow stripes were and she told me they were her highlights. I was laughing so hard. You will notice her fake curly hair with highlights down below.









No comments:

Post a Comment