Thursday, April 21, 2011

In Detroit

Darcee left for Detroit Tuesday morning. We got up at 4 so she and her mom could catch the 6:30am flight. I don't know why I booked it that early--I guess I forgot I would have to get up too!

Reese is doing great. When Darcee arrived at the hospital on Saturday we got more good news. The doctors refigured her gestational age--so instead of 30 weeks, she's 34 weeks now. The great part is that she should be discharged on Tuesday April 26th--about a month earlier than we expected! She got up to 3lbs 2.5 oz yesterday. They want her to be about 3 1/2 pounds before she leaves.

It's so cute to se her tiny hand gripping Darcee's fingertip. She was moved to a crib last night, so she's holding her temperature on her own now.
When Darcee got to the hospital, the nurses put her right to work with feeding, changing and bathing. I'm not going to post any naked baby pictures--Darcee might when she gets home, but that's not my thing.
I think this was right after the bath.

Sorry for leaving out the details that Darcee would have included, but she'll make up for it when she gets back.






1 comment:

  1. She is so precious! I can't help but get teary eyed looking at her. I'm so glad Darcee was able to get out there and be with her!

    ReplyDelete