Monday, April 4, 2011

Farewell for now Ogden temple...

I am so sad that the temple will be closed for the next couple of years. I am so grateful for a temple that has been so close to us. I have made friends with some of the greatest temple workers that have become like my grandparents. Some of them even came to my wedding reception. I loved the talk about temples by Pres. Monson. We are so blessed to have as many temples around us as we do. I thought about the family that worked/saved for years to take their family to the temple and traveled for days to arrive their. I thought about what that family might think if they traveled from Logan to Provo in a matter of hours and passing the Logan temple, Ogden temple, Bountiful temple, Salt Lake temple, Oaker Mountain temple, Jordan River temple, Draper temple, and Provo temple. I am probably missing one, but that is just amazing! I feel so blessed to be born in Utah and grow up around so many temples.



I added a post with the Ogden temple dedicatory prayer. I thought it was kinda neat to read.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Darcee! I hope that you remember me, and I also hope you don't mind that I'm following your blog now =) I read some of your recent posts.. I just want to tell you that you are truly an inspiration! You are not only amazing for being open and sharing your story of the struggles you've had, which is not easy, but also for always seeming to try and find something positive out of each and every situation. You never seem to feel sorry for youself, which would be so hard to do. You have such a strong testimony and it shines right through! I appreciate the exaple you are to me and many others. You and your husband are going to be amazing parents!
    PS.. We are building a house now too! =) So fun..and stressful isn't it lol.
    I would love for you to follow my blog too..it's fairly new but it's nandtandbandb.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey,
    I love that you are reading my blog. You are so kind and I am grateful for the wonderful people I have met along our adoption journey. I will definitely follow your blog. I am excited to see your cute little girls! Thanks, for your comment, that really means a lot!

    ReplyDelete