Friday, April 8, 2011

Reese Kiyomi Scoville...


With hopes that we will legally be able to name our baby, we decided to name her.....

Reese Kiyomi Scoville!!!!

The thought of her not having a name and the nurses just calling her "baby" or "no name" just made me want to cry. I am sure they came up with a nickname because they just love her to death and have been very kind. I am excited to see our little baby girl so soon. Today as Ron talked to the NICU nurse, she said that if we were there we would be able to take her temp and change her diaper, etc. We figured that she didn't realize we were not legally able to go into the NICU yet as her parents, but after a call, we found out that the birthmom gave us all the rights to take care of her in the hospital. So now I immediately want to fly to Michigan and take care of our little girl. Even if I can just hold Reese and be with her, she would at least know how much we love her and get to know our voices. I already feel like I am her mom and can't believe that I will legally be her mom in a couple of weeks and that nobody can take her from us. When we initially received the call about our baby, I felt the spirit very strong and so much love for this baby, but also a little concerned that I didn't know how sick the baby was or if she had major health problems, etc. Once we received the pictures, I knew she belonged with our family and even if she had health problems, it didn't matter. She is our daughter!

Reese truly is a miracle baby! She is as tiny as can be and as healthy as can be! All the doctors and nurses have been amazed at how strong and healthy she is. She has an NG tube in her nose to feed her until she can get all the nutrition she needs through a bottle. She is growing quickly and gaining weight quickly which are both good signs.

I just can't believe that all of the waiting and disappointments over the past 3 years are over. (Well at least the waiting part) The past little while I have received much guidance and strength as I felt Heavenly Father teaching me about having faith in him. Learning to truly trust in our Heavenly Father over the past 3 years have been worth every heartache. I felt so much peace knowing that Heavenly Father had truly refined me and had strengthened me beyond what I could imagine. Last week as we received the call about Reese, I felt so much gratitude to our Heavenly Father, but also guilt. I say guilt because I am used to working and waiting for the blessings and understanding that I might not receive those blessings in this life. After we found out about Reese, I seemed to see everyday those that have not yet been blessed with children and my heart broke for them. I asked Ron why we were blessed so much to have educations, marriage, jobs, and now blessed with a baby when I feel so undeserving. He told me, "we don't really deserve any of these things, they are all blessings." I feel so indebted to my Heavenly Father for blessing us with this sweet baby girl who will forever change our life. I am grateful for the struggles we have gone though over the past few years which have strengthened my testimony and hopefully I will be the best mom I can be.

Thank you so much for all of your support and love!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and Ron. I hope everything turns out well for you both. I wanted to tell you if you need a place to stay, you are totally welcome to sleep here at my place. You know how crazy my life is right now but if you guys need help with anything. Please call me. I do live about an hour away from Detroit but I would love to see you guys. Let me know when you get into town, I would love to talk if you guys have time.
    Good luck with everything.
    Love
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete