Saturday, April 16, 2011

3 days until I meet our baby girl!

I hope I am not jinxing myself by saying she is our baby girl already..... Reese is doing really good! It is incredible how much she has progressed in only 3 weeks! She has been taken out of the NICU now because her NG tube has been taken out and she has been getting all of her feedings by bottle. She actually has been getting the maximum amount for her weight and downs her bottle in about 5 min. It is amazing to me how this little premature baby can be completely healthy. I know she is supposed to come to our family. We love her so much already.
I am so excited to fly out to Michigan on Tuesday! I can't wait to hold Reese. I am also kinda scared though because Ron will not be flying out for another few weeks and I have never been away from him for more than a week (Scout Camp). I have to write that I am such a home body! I love being home and love days when I don't have to go anywhere. We don't even go on vacations very much because I just love being home. So being away from Ron and home for about a month will definitely be an adjustment for me. Ron and my Mom keep joking around that only a baby would get me to go somewhere by myself for this long.

This week has been so crazy! Between trying to pick out tile, granite, exterior,etc., we also were trying to hurry and get physicals, background checks, try to figure out what our insurance is going to cover, and get Reese's room somewhat put together. I was getting a little bit stressed out and finally needed to step back and just see what a happy time this is. We finally are adopting and that is such a blessing. It's ok if her room isn't put together or if the house isn't cleaned before I leave. Ron and I decided to just spend these last few days before I leave having fun together and going on dates. I am kinda scared if our realtor wants to show the house while I am gone, but I am sure Ron will do a great job cleaning:)


3 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is 3 weeks old already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Darc!! I hope everything goes well. She is beautiful. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, she is beautiful! I love that name. You will be such a great mommy :)

    ReplyDelete