Monday, August 23, 2010

Our adoption letter







Our online profile sometimes goes offline, so we thought we would post our adoption letter on our blog and also Ron just made a website for us so that our profiles are always accessible. We are still working on the website:) Thanks! Here is our link: http://web.me.com/rjs46/Meet_Ron_and_Darcee






Dear Friends,

We want to first express our appreciation and love to you for taking the time to get to know our family a little better as you begin to explore your options at this time. Although you have not met us yet, we have spent many nights praying for you. We are filled with love and admiration for you because of the choices you are making at this time. We have strong testimonies that each of our Heavenly Father's children has infinite worth and we hope that you feel His love throughout this journey. We pray that Heavenly Father will give you extra strength and peace as you make decisions that will bless you and your sweet baby.

A little about us:
We both come from loving families that are very supportive in our decision to adopt. We have seen firsthand the miracle of adoption as Darcee's sister had the opportunity to become a mom and adopt a baby girl in December. We will be forever grateful for the courage and love the birth mom demonstrated as she was able to place her baby with Darcee's sister. We know it was not by chance or coincidence, but that our Heavenly Father's hand was involved in the placement of our new beautiful niece.
We have both planned and prepared throughout our lives for marriage and children. When life doesn't turn out the way we planned, our Heavenly Father has something even better in store for us. On this journey toward parenthood, we have learned much and had a lot of fun together. Ron has earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree and Darcee has obtained her degree in Respiratory Therapy. We love to be active--Darcee enjoys running, swimming, pilates, and soccer, and Ron plays racquetball, volleyball, frisbee, soccer, or whatever. We have been learning Japanese and it has been SO funny trying to understand each other. We hope to go on a mission in about 30 years so hopefully we will be fluent in a second language by then:)

Darcee: I want to tell you a little bit about my amazing husband. I never thought I could be so happy and laugh so much with someone. Since the first time I met Ron, I have been amazed by his selfless service and his love for his family. I remember when we just started dating, Ron teared up a little bit when he was telling me about his sisters. He has always treated the women in his life with the highest respect and love. I really do get treated like a Queen! Ron loves to learn! He has told me on multiple occasions how he loved every minute of dental school and he continues to go back to USC to teach and learn. Not only does he love to learn about things pertaining to his career, but he loves learning about anything that will benefit our family. Ron loves to serve and is always serving our family and neighbors with anything that he can. Ron is incredible with kids and I have always loved to watch him interact with children. I remember when we were first dating and my five nieces dressed him up as a princess and he had a tea party with them. He is also the uncle that plays basketball and wrestles with the boys, and is always making them laugh. The greatest thing that I love about Ron is his solid testimony of our Savior. It was one of the first things that impressed me when we were dating and continues to impress me everyday. He truly lives what he believes and our marriage has been blessed with so much love, peace, and happiness. Ron is such an amazing person and I am so excited for the precious child that will know him as their father and be able to feel the love and happiness that he brings into my life.

Ron: Well, falling in love with Darcee was pretty easy. Anyone who has ever met Darcee has fallen in love with her in 5 minutes or less. At church I spend half of my time receiving compliments from other people about how great my wife is. She has blessed the lives of all the young women she worked with, and the primary girls she is teaching now. She is keenly aware of the needs of others--there are many people that she isn't called to teach but she still notices their needs and helps them. When we first got married I was out working in the yard and it was a pretty quiet Saturday. Our next door neighbors have 10 kids, but that morning I hadn't seen any of them. A while later, Darcee came outside and was helping in the yard, and all of a sudden there were 4 or 5 of the neighbor kids all following her around the yard in a row. It was definitely a funny sight, but that was just the first of many times that I noticed Darcee's aptitude for children. They just seem to have an instinct that they will love being around her. Darcee is a great missionary - she shares her testimony of the gospel with devotion and sincerity. She tries harder than anyone I have met to live the way she feels Heavenly Father wants her to. A few months ago when I got a new calling I was set apart by our Stake President. During the blessing he said that I had "chosen very well" speaking of my wife. I definitely know that, but it was nice to hear it from the Lord.
Darcee's family is a lot of fun to be around. We get along with both sides of extended family very well and have soaked up the traditions of both families. On New Year's day we go to her dad's house and he teaches us how to make traditional Japanese foods--well, mostly I just eat the traditional Japanese foods, but Darcee learns how to make them. She has become quite a Sushi chef lately. There is a lot of variety in our families, and they are all such great people.
About 15 or 20 years ago when I was still a kid, the Spirit started guiding me toward adoption. So for many years, I have planned to adopt some or all of the children in my family. Darcee comes from a family of 4 kids, and I from a family of 6. Even before we were married, Darcee and I discussed adoption because we knew that there was a good chance that we wouldn't be able to get pregnant, but we want a large family. We have both felt the Spirit confirm that this is Heavenly Father's plan for our family, and we are very excited about it.
Again, we are truly grateful for you taking the time to learn more about us. We look forward to meeting and getting to know you also. After meeting several adoptive families and birth mothers with open relationships, we prayed about what would be best for our family. We feel very comfortable with an open adoption. We look forward to exchanging emails, letters, pictures, etc. with you and to begin to have an open and warm relationship. Our hearts are truly full of love and admiration for the choices you are making and continue to pray that our Heavenly Father will be with you every step of the way!
Much love,
Ron & Darcee

1 comment: