Sunday, July 17, 2016

My children's family history



Last Sunday, my friend was preparing  her lesson for Relief Society on Family History and asked if I would share what I have done for my children and their family history. I have done a little bit, but not as much as I would have liked. I started texting all of my children's birth parents that we are in contact with and asked them for any basic info they had on their family history. I just started with making sure I had the birth parents full name, DOB, place of birth, as well as their parents info. I started documenting these events and people. Although these people I was learning about were not my ancestors, they were my children's and that is pretty neat. 

Today, my friend taught her lesson and asked me to share some of the feelings I have had about family history and having my children sealed to us in the temple. I shared that 3 of the most sacred experiences I have ever had in my life are when my children were sealed to us for eternity. The peace that comes from knowing that our children would never be taken from us was incredible. Not even death could take them away from us and I knew that we would be together forever. The thing that I love about doing sealings in the temple is that I know that these parents and children that we are being proxy for are just as excited as when we were sealed to our children. 
Also, as I have done family history work for my children, although I don't know a lot of these people and haven't gone back far enough to know too many that are on the other side of the veil, I have felt how much they love my children. That was one thing that the spirit definitely whispered to me today was how much my children are loved by not only family here on earth, but their Heavenly angels as well. I have always talked about earthly angels and those that have been involved in making sure that our children make it to our family. There have been countless people involved. I feel like my children's birth parents as well as their birth grandparents are a few of those earthly angels. Something that the spirit whispered to me today was that there were so many Heavenly angels involved in making sure that our children make it to our home so they could be sealed to us in an eternal family. I had some amazing experiences before my children were born that helped me to see that my Grandma, who had recently passed away, was there making sure our children made it to us. I also know that were and are heavenly angels, ancestors, of my children's birth families that love them and wanted to help them get to our family. I cried as I commented today in class that, "I realized that my children are loved by more people than I ever imagined." It is so true and I have felt that love from above. These feelings are motivating for me to know more about these people and research them so that one day I can tell them thank you and give them each a big hug. 

This gospel is so true. I am so grateful for these experiences that strengthen my faith in temple work, in family history, in eternal families, and in the strength we receive every time we are trying to adopt. Earthly angels are real, heavenly angels are real, and I am so grateful that I have both in my life and in my children's life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment