Monday, July 18, 2016

Bedtime....

I have been really grateful for bedtime lately. Not because I am excited for my kids to go to bed, although, that is sometimes the case, but because I love that one on one time I get to spend with my kids at bedtime. I love listening to their sincere prayers. I love tucking them in and reading books together. Ren never sits still so I love that at bedtime, he will cuddle with me in the rocking chair and read books. Tonight, we were reading a book about all the different ways you can hug and kiss. Eskimo kisses, butterfly kisses, etc. Ren was so cute and had to kiss every single page before we turned it. After books, he had found his soccer ball and was so proud of himself when he would kick the ball. We would both clap and then he would run to me and give me a big hug then go back to his ball. We did this over and over again and Ren absolutely loved it. I turned off the lights and rocked with him again and prayed. I love that time when I get to hold by baby boy and just pour my heart out in prayer. I am filled with a lot of gratitude holding my babies. I have loved rocking each of my children in our rocking chair and am convinced that I need a rocking chair by each of the kid's bed so I can rock them at night.  I love this one on one time and I pray that my children go to bed every night knowing that they are loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment