Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Spiritually charged.....


Can I just say that I love the Ogden temple! I truly think of it as "my temple". When I go there, I truly feel a sense of coming home. Since the Ogden temple has been re-dedicated, I truly have to take a moment to enjoy the beauty of temple every time I attend. It is even more glorious inside. 

This past week, we received news that the birth father was wanting  50/50 custody and that we would not be able to adopt Ren unless the birth father relinquishes his rights.  The amazing thing about hearing this news is that I just felt an overwhelming peace. I wasn't worried at all that the birth father would stop this adoption. Heavenly Father's hand is involved  and I have complete faith in Him. I know that one powerful thing that we can do is go to the temple, fast, and pray. I have such a testimony of these three things. Whenever I go to the temple, it seems like Heavenly Father changes my perspective and helps me focus on the eternities and the things that matter most. My desires change, my prayers change, and I go to work to become even better than I was the day before. As I sat in the Celestial room just talking with Heavenly Father, I felt such an overwhelming feeling of peace and love. He is the Father of us all and He is in control. He loves baby Ren more than any of us He wants his precious baby son to come back to him one day and He wants him to grow up in an eternal family. Heavenly Father knows Ren and I know He is with him right now. I love that! There are a lot of things that I cannot control, but I can have complete faith in the One that is in control. I came out of the temple with an excitement and greater joy for the sweet baby boy that will soon be joining our family. He has motivated me to be better in so many areas of my life. As I have yearned to feel close to Ren and feel the Spirit, I have been changed. As we have anxiously awaited the arrival of Ren, I find myself going to the temple more, studying my scriptures with greater intent, and trying to change anything that I feel can bring about the greater happiness of my family.  This little guy is already changing our family for the better!














No comments:

Post a Comment