Sunday, February 15, 2015

Nesting, Nesting, Nesting......



So the last few weeks I have been nesting like crazy. I don't actually know what the correct definition is for nesting, but in terms of preparing as well as I can, that is what I am doing. I have cleaned the carpets, cleaned and organized pantries, closets, and the fridge. I have sanitized anything that might be near the baby, and tried to keep up with all the normal cleaning so we will be ready at any moment to bring him home. It's so cute to me that when I usually ask Reese if she will help me clean something, she will politely decline with, "I'm fine, thanks!" LOL!  Lately, when I would ask Reese to help me clean the house to get it ready for Ren, Reese would jump right in and was so excited. It was fun to just clean and talk with her.

I have also tried to go to every appointment I need for the next 6 months so those are all out of the way...
Dentist Appt-check (You would be amazed how difficult it is for us to get to these ones. I'm being serious:)
OB yearly- check
Dr appts- check
Visited friends and grandparents-check
Visiting Teaching- check
It seemed like there was more, but maybe I am just lazy and it seemed like a lot at the time that I was making these appointments. ha ha!

Another part of preparation for me has been taking the girls out to do as much as we can. I know that when Ren is born, we won't be going out very much  so I have really tried to take the girls to the Treehouse, to the park, and have more play dates.  I have been really trying to spend more one on one time with Reese and Nora and it has been a lot of fun! Reese and I have spent more one on one time baking, playing candyland, drawing, and just watching a show together. When Reese goes to preschool, Nora and I have been able to spend one on one time together and it has been so fun! She is hilarious to be around and makes everything a game! Nora has the ability to make grocery shopping fun! She sings a song when she walks up the stairs and makes you laugh so much at bedtime that I want to rock in her rocking chair with her all night.

It has been so nice for Ron and I as we have been preparing for baby Ren. We have grown so much closer as we have prayed and fasted for Ren and Lizzie. Our couples prayer has become so much more meaningful and powerful!  As Ron and I have talked more about our hopes for Ren, we have drawn closer to each other. As we have prayed as a family for Ren and Lizzie, our family has become stronger. It melts my heart every time I hear Reese pray about her little brother. It has been such a neat experience as we have prepared for baby Ren. The Spirit is so strong and I truly feel the hand of Lord guiding us. He is one loved baby boy!

We are praying that the birth father will relinquish his rights in the next couple of days so that everything will be ready for Ren. After fasting and a lot of prayer today, I have had an overwhelming feeling that all will be well. Heavenly Father is in control and I just need to trust in Him.  Miracles to come this next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment