Thursday, February 26, 2015

Feb 17,2015

This past week seems like a dream. Last Monday, Lizzie wasn't feeling real well and realized that she was starting to have contractions. A few hours later, she texted us and told us that she was headed to the hospital. After being at the hospital for hours, they discharged her with some pain meds to help her get through the night. We were praying that Lizzie would have a healthy pregnancy and that her and Ren would be safe. I kept checking my phone and finally went to bed around 12:30am.  I didn't see Liz's text, but she was admitted into the hospital at 1:45am. When I saw her text in the morning, at 7:30am she was fully dilated and she texted us that it was "Go Time"! She thought Ren would be here between 8:00-9:00am so I was just waiting by my phone. 8:00 passed, 9:00 passed, 10:00 passed, 11:00 passed, and we finally needed to head to the grocery story to get something for Reese's preschool before dropping her off at school.  Ron called me when we were grocery shopping and while I was talking to him, he said, "We just got a picture". My heart stopped for a minute before opening up the text. I couldn't believe he was actually here. We received a text that said that Ren was born at 10:50am and weighed 7lbs 12oz., and that he was perfect!  My heart completely melted as I saw the first picture of Ren. He really was perfect! 
I was so excited, but wasn't sure what to do next. I knew that Lizzie would be exhausted and we wanted to give her some space, but I was really anxious to know how much to contact her over the next 48 hours. I think one the strengths between Lizzie, Ron, and I has always been our ability to communicate and so not being able to communicate wither over the next 12 hours was a little difficult. More than anything, I just wanted to make sure she was okay physically and make sure that she knew we loved her. Not that we just told her, but that she felt it.  I was pretty sure she was sleeping, but your mind starts to think the worst and all the fears of every failed placement comes to mind. Our relationship with Lizzie has been the longest pre-placement and so it was just scary at the thought of this adoption not working out, but every time a doubt would  creep in, the quote by Pres Uchtdorf would come to mind, "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith". Gratefully, Lizzie texted us later that night and we were able to get caught up on a few things and also arrange to come visit the following night. By the next day, Satan was in full force causing whatever confusion and doubt he could. The next day, I could feel the anxiety building and I knew that we just needed to get down to the hospital and talk to Lizzie. By noon, I felt that we needed to get down there as soon as possible and Ron agreed and tried to arrange his schedule to finish work early. Without going into every detail, there was a lot of things that we had to talk about and as we talked, the spirit was so strong. I felt like there was a clarity and peace that came over all of us as we talked.  Before going to bed, I still had some anxieties, fears, and worries that were weighing heavy on my mind, as I'm sure Lizzie had as well. Ron and I knew that we had done all that we could possibly do and that we needed to just leave the rest to Heavenly Father. My final prayer was that Heavenly Father's will would be done and I went to sleep. In the  In the morning when we woke up, Ron asked me how I was feeling and I told him I felt as if all the stresses, worries, fears, and anxieties were taken off my shoulders and I was filled with peace and excitement...............(continue on next post) 



No comments:

Post a Comment