Thursday, October 2, 2014

My Rock....

I just have to say that I love my husband more than ever. I am even more grateful for him after everything that has happened this past week. When all the stresses started last Tuesday night, Ron knew that I needed to be with the girls at night and so he stayed at the hospital. Whenever anything very stressful or traumatic happens in our family, my reaction is to hold my girls. One of my biggest fears is that someone or something will take them away from me and so I just have to hold them. Ron didn't get much sleep that night and was up and doing things early Wednesday morning.  Throughout Wednesday when it looked like Portia was not going to sign and I was freaking out, He was just so stable and calm. He had the Spirit with him the whole time and always knew exactly what to say in stressful moments. He was constantly on the phone with lawyers and didn't leave the hospital for 3 1/2 days.  On Thursday, he woke up early to comfort Portia and help her out. When I got to the hospital and everything started falling apart, I was beside myself and was getting so upset that I just had to walk the hospital.  He took me aside and just asked me to pray with him.  The Spirit was overwhelming and I felt so grateful for Ron and His righteous influence in our family. I was so grateful that He stayed at the hospital and let me come home with the girls.  He is so selfless , patient, and has such an understanding heart. He always stayed in control of his emotions and really tried to understand what Portia was going through.  It truly seemed like he had angels with him. I know he needed the help of heaven to do what he did this week and I know he was blessed with help. He probably slept about 3-4 hours a night and went days without seeing our girls. 

I have truly felt in a new way the power that comes from a covenant marriage. Throughout the past couple of weeks, we have prayed more together, sacrificed more together, fasted together, and knelt down just pleading for help and guidance.  I know trials can sometimes destroy a marriage, but I am grateful for Ron and that our marriage has been strengthened. He is the greatest dad and I am so grateful He is mine for eternity. 







2 comments: