Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Never let a day go by.....

 With all that our family has been through lately. I hold my girls a little bit more and cherish every moment I have with them. I am grateful for eternal families and that Reese and Nora are sealed to us. I can't quite explain the emotions we have gone through this past month, but 2 of the greatest blessings that helped me the most were Reese and Nora. No matter what had happened, at the end of the day, I can always hold my sweet girls. They melt my heart with their sweet laughs and how kind they are to each other. They are worth any trial we have and will go through. So with that..... I have tried really hard to be a better mom and just enjoy doing things with the girls each day. I have tried harder to give them my undivided attention and just enjoy them. With Lola being gone, you start to realize that things that matter most. The house will eventually get cleaned, the dishes will get washed, and I will be picking up toys for such a short period of time, but my children will only be with me for a short period of time. I want to make every day count. I want to find joy everyday in the little things that we do and make sure to spend one on one time with my girls.

Here are a few things that the girls have enjoyed.....
 For the past couple of months, Reese has been searching for  the perfect My Little Pony costume. Everyday, she would get on the ipad and just look at all the images of my little pony costumes. Ron finally took her to the Halloween store and boy did she get her MLP costume. Reese has Ron wrapped around her finger and she somehow convinced Ron to buy pretty much all the chidlren's MLP pieces as well as an adult zip up MLP for himself. Yes, she is a Daddy's girl. I think this will go down in Reese's book as one of the her favorite Daddy-daughter dates. Reese has loved picking out her own clothes lately and lace rompers always seem to be one of the favorites:)
We don't usually do anything extravagant, but we find joy in daily living. Here are a few things that make us happy.....
                                      Picking out pumpkins. We were going to go to the pumpkin patch, but Reese is going to Black Island Farms soon and is going to the pumpkin patch there. 
-We enjoy having picnics inside. Reese and Nora like to set up all the plates and cups.
-We enjoy daily walks with the our dog
-We have enjoyed doing crafts together
-and we love shopping together
I don't have pictures, but some of the things that we have loved doing lately are:
-star gazing. We like to go outside at night, cuddle up in blankets, and look at the stars.
-Reese, Nora, and I have enjoyed going into Nora's room at night, turn off the lights, turn on her projector, cuddle up in the rocking chair, and make up stories about the fishes that are projected on the ceiling.
-Lately,  it has been neat to watch Reese and Nora play together. They have been "camping" a lot lately, in which they take as many toys as they can grab and put it behind Nora's rocking chair. They have spent so much time at their campground lately.
-The girls have also spent a lot of time in the clubhouse(aka the pantry).  Our pantry is a disaster, but the girls love to grab flashlights and go into their clubhouse and play.















No comments:

Post a Comment