Monday, December 17, 2012

Scriptures


 The other night, I went to bed feeling a little discouraged about what to do to help Reese eat. She has been a really picky eater lately and will not eat the food that I cook for her or she will throw her food to Sachi (yes, she is a sneaky one). Then I was scrolling through the pictures on my phone, which I do on a regular basis at night, and found these pictures that Ron had taken of Reese and I started to cry as I realized that Reese may be a picky eater right now, but she loves the scriptures and she loves to read to me. She loves to get two sets of scriptures, one for her and one for me, and we sit next to each other and night and she reads to me. I will turn to where we left off the night before in mine and she will turn to wherever she wants and points to a spot and then we will take turns reading. She does this multiple times through the day and it melts my heart. In my efforts to teach Reese to love the scripture stories, I had bought her one of the picture book of Mormon for kids and would read that to her at night, along with the other 10 books that we read at night:) She really did not like the picture book and would go on to the next book. Little did I know that she just wanted to read the same book that mommy and daddy read each night. Now, we take turns reading a verse and when it is Reese's turn, she will jabber something and then I will read the verse and have her say a couple different words in the verse. I have realized what a special experience it has been to teach Reese about the scriptures and although she may be a picky eater right now, she is growing and thriving in so many different ways. I am always reminded of how much I need to learn from this little girl and her purity and willingness to be taught.


No comments:

Post a Comment