Monday, December 3, 2012

Family blessings



 Ron was called into the bishopric a couple weeks ago and we have been blessed so much by this calling. To avoid multiple nights in meetings, Ron is usually at the church on Tuesdays until 12:00. Reese and I have been taking dinner down to Ron on Tuesday nights so Ron can play with Reese for a little bit before she goes to bed and it has been a really neat experience. The first time I went down, I didn't want to interrupt any meetings because I knew that the bishopric usually has a million things to do and address, but when the bishop saw Reese and I waiting for Ron, he stopped everything he was doing and treated us like we were the most important thing in the world and that Ron spending even 15 min with Reese was the most important thing Ron could be doing that whole night. The bishop didn't stand at a podium to teach a sermon, but I felt the spirit so strong testify to me of how important our family is and how much Heavenly Father loves His daughters. This was just one occasion, but since Ron's calling, I have felt those promptings over and over again. There has been so much peace and love in our home and our family has become so much stronger.
             One of the funny things I have to mention is that when Ron was called, the stake president had told me to sit somewhere in sacrament where Reese can see Ron so she knows he is there. He also told me that if Reese needs to sit with Ron on the stand sometimes,  then let her sit on the stand. I laughed to myself as I imagined Reese sitting on Ron's lap making faces at the congregation. She loves to make people laugh and I'm sure she would do whatever she could to accomplish that. The first week Ron was on the stand, Reese and I were sitting in the back and she kept saying, "Dada, Dada". So I let her stand on my legs and pointed to where Ron was sitting. When she finally realized where Ron was, she started pointing at him and laughing so loud that everybody around her was laughing and I had to take her out in the hall. I am sure this will be the first of many memorable moments.



No comments:

Post a Comment