Sunday, November 4, 2012

Why I love October....

 It seems that each month I am discovering new things that Reese has not done before and it is exciting to me. Last year I was so excited to take Reese trick-or-treating for the first time, but this year, she actually enjoyed it. I thought I would jot down some of the things I love about the month of October......
1.) Dressing Reese in all the cute little Halloween outfits

2.)Making fun Halloween treats (thanks to pinterest)

3.) Getting "Boo-ed".  I still love the excitement of trying to drop off a treat and ringing the doorbell without getting caught.

4.) Painting pumpkins.  We didn't paint this one, but the ones we decorated were super colorful and had stickers all over them.


5.) Costumes. Reese was the cutest little super hero this year and she loved running around with her cape flowing.


6.) Another reason to see our friends. This is Reese's friend Charlie and they are so cute together.


7.) Our ward Halloween Carnival. The young men and young women in our ward put together a Halloween carnival for all the primary aged kids each year and this year was especially fun. There was a fishing game, face painting, obstacle courses, cotton candy, a balancing game, and lots of candy and food. Reese had a blast and loved getting lots of attention.
 At the Halloween carnival. Reese and her cute friend Meghan.

8.) Trick or treating with the cousins.... It is always so fun to see my nieces costumes and have the girls go to a few houses together. My mom being the amazing grandma she is, ordered pizza's so the kids could have some food before they went out and we could all be together. Reese walked into the first couple houses and I had to make my way to the front and grab her out of the houses. Luckily we knew the people and they didn't mind:) She loved knocking on the doors over and over again. She loved running from house to house and loved getting candy. It was so fun to see her excitement in everything that was going on. Halloween was just a fun magical night.








1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. I was so grateful I decided to catch up today. Thanks for posting the picture of Meg with Reese. I was a little sick that this year we were running so much I forgot to take any pictures of her costume. Now I have one. Thank you!!!! And thanks for sharing your sweet life <3

    ReplyDelete