Saturday, November 20, 2010

Yes, We Were Chosen!!!!

5 Days Until Thanksgiving.....
I thought I would be able to blog everyday for the countdown, but it is a little bit more time consuming than I expected. To catch up with the past couple of days, we have been cleaning like crazy to get our house ready for an open house today. Our neighbors let us put our dogs in their backyard for the open house and it didn't work so well! We were gone for about 30 min. and Ron had this feeling to check on the dogs. So he went back and found them out of the neighbors yard and running laps around our house as fast as they could. I'm sure they were a great selling point for anyone looking at the house. Our realtor said that two families came and looked at the house and that they both really liked it and are meeting with her on Tuesday. Hopefully something will come from this!! I am really grateful that the weather was decent during the open house! The hail and snow started to come down about an hour after people left.
The really good news is that we have been chosen by a birth mother and will be adopting a baby in April! YEAH!!!! I have been hesitant to post this in case she changes her mind, but I guess if she changes her mind, you all will know. I have to admit that I am a little bit scared of getting attached, but I just can't help it. I guess I just hope for the best and if I fall, I fall hard! Anyway, We absolutely love the birth mother that chose us. Her name is Jessica and she lives in California. She is so cute and we love talking to her. We are excited to fly out in a couple of weeks to meet her and her family. I am also excited to find out the gender of the baby on Dec. 6th!!!!! Girl or Boy? Any guesses? I am grateful for Jessika and her selflessness!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats Darc! I really hope things work out. You will be the best mom ever!

    ReplyDelete