Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I think I just had a HEART ATTACK!!!!!

Maybe more like an anxiety attack, not quite sure:) So about an hour ago was definitely not the proudest moment in my life. I was running on the treadmill this morning and realized I had a voicemail on my phone. It was our realtor and asked if a couple could look at our home in about an hour. I have to add real quick that we are planning to have an open house for our home on Saturday and so we have been trying to pull everything out of the cupboards and closets and really organize. Last night Ron was trying to put in a new disposal and faucet and missed a part and so we couldn't finish it last night. We had everything under the sink on the counter and I couldn't start the dishwasher last night. Back to this morning....So I called Ron and said there was no way we could make our house look presentable without the faucet working in the kitchen and with it just being dirty. He asks our realtor if we could plan for them a little later today or another day and she was going to call us back. Anyway, I went up to change and I hear a couple knocks on the door. AHHHHHH! I hurry and change! Chucking my clothes in the laundry basket, throwing everything in the closet, I give up on the kitchen, and hurry and answer the door. Throw on a sweatshirt and with a sweaty face, "Hello, sorry I didn't know you were coming." Oh yeah, forgot to put the dog outside, here comes Sachi wanting to lick their whole family. Good thing they are dog people! So I lead them downstairs to look downstairs and then I race upstairs and put Sachi outside. Oh yeah, Keiko, she's still in her kennel. Put her outside and rush to make my bed. Oh, there is their realtor asking me a question that I don't know, then throwing folded laundry in baskets and putting them somewhere I will have to go find later. Hurry and turn on my candle warmer so it at least smells good. Maybe they won't notice all of the cleaning supplies and paper towels on the counters because of the pumpkin pie smell:) I kept telling them how embarrassed I was and that our house usually does not look this way. Anyway, this is another one of my moments when I am can use the phrase by Pres. Eyring, "learning to laugh at the incongruity of your own predicament!" After they left, I immediately called Ron and my Mom so they could laugh at me. My mom would react the exact same way I would so she laughed real hard with me. The real funny thing would be if these people actually bought the house! Our realtor tried calling to reschedule, but couldn't get anyone to answer. Anyway, this is my good laugh for the morning:)

No comments:

Post a Comment