Thursday, October 21, 2010

AnOtHeR UpDaTe.....

What has been going on in our lives lately? Well..... not much, but a lot of laughing! Our dogs make me laugh, Ron makes me laugh, and although life is not going as I had planned, I feel really blessed! For the past little while after our failed adoption, we have been trying to figure out which direction we should go to start our family. We received an email from a birthmom a little while ago that got me excited, but then she never wrote us back after we replied. Our friends just got back from adopting their baby girl from China and so we started looking into international adoption. I was pretty excited because they said what a good experience they had and that their total expenses was only $25,000 ( I say only because that is more realistic than what we had expected) Then we found out that you have to be 30 to adopt from China so we ended that search, but hopefully one day we will be able to! Then we started looking into Japan. I'm japanese, why not look into japan. We found one agency in California who did japanese adoptions, but there was a waiting list of about 12 months and then once you were accepted, the process would take another 9-18 months to bring your baby home. Oh yeah, the other minor detail was that japanese adoptions would run close to $50,000. Next option, we started looking into in-vitro and hearing all of the horror stories of all of the cases that tried in-vitro and it didn't take. Anyway, to make a long story short, I have really been praying to try to figure out which direction we should go to start our family. This morning I really prayed (more like a plea) that if we should adopt at this time, that we would come in contact with a birthmom. When I got home from work tonight, I checked our email and a birthmom had contacted us. I can't wait for Ron to get home from a his meeting so we can write her back. I don't know if this birthmom will like us or even respond to our email, but what I do know is that our Heavenly Father answers prayers and that He continually reminds me to not lose hope. He is keenly aware of my desires to be a mom and knows of the intentions of my heart. I know He has heard all my crying and pleadings over the past couple of months and will bless us with children in due time. I truly am grateful for all the little tender mercies in my life that remind me that we have a loving Heavenly Father looking over us.

1 comment:

  1. Darcee,

    Your blog is awesome! I love reading how you keep your faith so strong. I have always looked up to you, and I still do! I hope that things work out for you and your husband the way that you wish! You two deserve it!

    ReplyDelete