Sunday, January 6, 2013

the stomach flu strikes again...

Last year around this time, our family was hit hard with the stomach flu and all three of us were down for a week. This past weekend, it seems that the stomach flu has struck again. It breaks my heart every time Reese is sick. It amazes me though how she can be so sick, but still be so happy. She wanted to lay down everywhere we went, so we made beds on her tramp and on the little step in her room. She is a great little cuddle buddy when we are not feeling well. Once Reese was feeling better, it seemed that I immediately started the vomiting and stomach pain.

 My stomach hurt so bad the one day that I just had to lay there and try to entertain Reese. Ron called to see if he needed to cancel his patients, but I told him that Reese was taking care of me and we were doing good.  She made me some lunch which consisted of baby carrots, frozen french fries, chickadees, cherrios, and chocolate goldfish. It was delicious! We watched the Lorax while Reese rubbed lotion all over my face (and hair). She then brushed my hair and put bobby pins all over in my hair. She covered me in her stickers and then brought me all of her blankets. Reese even tried to feed me from her sippy cup, which ended in water all over my face and both of us laughing. She read me her Minnie Mouse books as well as her scriptures. I am lucky to have one caring little girl.  I am also grateful for a wonderful husband who came home at lunch to make me some chicken broth and play with Reese. I'm sure the house looked like a tornado when Ron came home from work, but he just took over and let me lay down. I can't imagine not having Ron around to help me when I'm sick or when he's sick or just laughing together when we are cleaning up Reese's puke that had covered her bedding and floor and down the hall and in the bathroom and all over the both of us. Oh, the joys of parenthood, but I love it and am grateful to be a mom. I am also grateful that this stomach flu only hits us once a year. At least I am hoping that it is only once this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment