Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby #2

I am so excited to announce that we were chosen to adopt another sweet baby girl. I was not sure what to expect when we met the birth mother, but I was humbled beyond belief. Since we began our adoption journey, we have met with 8 birth mothers and I have never met anyone that is so selfless and full of love. As we met our birth mother  and her family for the first time, it was a neat experience to feel the spirit so strongly as we talked about this sweet baby girl coming into our family. As I have prayed for this baby, I have felt many times, just how much Heavenly Father loves her and is protecting her. I have felt how special this little girl is and what blessings lie ahead in her life. We love this sweet baby and her birth mother so much already and we are grateful that we have been able to be a part of her pregnancy. As one who has never been pregnant, it has been such a neat experience to see the baby move in the ultrasounds. She is so beautiful and has lots of hair.
     I also have to mention another amazing part of this baby. About 5 years ago, after our infertility treatments proved unsuccessful, we started looking into adopting a Japanese baby. We found out the wait was at least 2 years, $60,000, and the baby had to be your first child. I realized we could not afford going through this agency and tried to contact my friends that lived in japan, but everything was a dead end. We then looked into adopting from China or Korea and found out that both adopting parents need to be 30 years old, so we figured we would try again when I met the age requirement. Anyway........ this precious baby girl is 1/2 Japanese, 1/4 Korean, and 1/4 Caucasian. It's amazing to me that not only did the birth mother find us, but that she moved to Utah to hopefully provide the best circumstances for this baby to be placed in our family.
           Like I said before, we are very excited for this baby girl to be a part of our family. We feel so close to the baby as we pray for her and talk about her all day. I can't wait to hold her in our arms and tell her how much we love her.



4 comments:

  1. Oh man! Are my tears a flowin'! So happy for you guys. Such a beautiful family and I'm filled with gratitude when I think of your sweet family growing! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I couldn't be happier for you and your beautiful, precious family. Those little girls are so lucky to have you as their Mom. Can't wait to hear more about this special journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gent and Adella! We couldn't be happier! The birth mother is due at the end of February, so a few more weeks and we will get to hold this sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not be happier for you and your little family! Blessings truly do come to those who wait and trust in the Lord. You are a perfect example of this!

    ReplyDelete