Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy 3 months old Reese...







I can't believe our baby girl is 3 months old. 3 months old, 8 1/2 lbs and about 19 inches long. I never thought I could be so happy, but it amazes me everyday how each day brings new joy and excitement. It seems that there was a hole in my heart for a long time and Reese has filled that emptiness and I just want to help others feel the way I feel now. I was reading Reese's baby calendar yesterday and remembered the first day that I was able to call the nurses at the hospital. I was so excited to call each day and get an update on Reese. The first day I called the NICU was on April 4th. Reese weighed 2lbs 6oz and the nurse told me that Reese was "ready to take on the world". I thought this was so cute, but didn't realize what she really meant. I always tell Ron that Reese came early because she wanted to come to her Mom. Anyway, the nurses would tell me how Reese would need to eat a certain amount from a bottle and then she could get her NG tube out and it seemed like the next day she would do it. They would tell me how they started her on a bottle and the next thing they knew, she was drinking the whole thing. The nurses would tell me that she needed to maintain her temperature outside of the crib for 24 hours and the next day she would do it.



I also tell Ron that she would meet all of these requirement so quickly because she wanted to come home with me. I truly believe it! Reese just continues to amaze me. She is such a miracle baby and is healthy as can be. She is so incredibly strong and I am starting to understand what the nurse meant when they said, "She is ready to take on the world." Reese is definitely a determined little baby and whatever comes her way, she overcomes it. I learn so much from her and her love for life. I think of what a fighter Reese has been in the early weeks of her life and now, how she continues to overcome every obstacle that comes at her.


Ron and I were reading in the "What to expect the first year" book and it was saying how we should mark Reese's progress according to her gestational age, which would be 3 weeks old. Anyway, Reese has rolled over before, but we thought it was some fluke thing, but yesterday, she rolled over 8 times. She is not supposed to be able to do that until month 3 or 4. I don't think it is a fluke thing anymore. She is a pro! She is so incredibly strong. She can lift herself up to a 90 degree angle while on her tummy, she can respond to Ron and my voice, she rolls over, she can bear her weight while standing ( of course I hold her steady:) I can't remember all the things we were checking off, but we are amazed at her strength. She constantly is aware of her surroundings and seems to learn something new everyday.


A lot of people assume something is wrong with her because of her prematurity, but it is a miracle at just how healthy she is. I love her chubby cheeks! She is eating like a champ and sleeping so soundly.


I have to say that I never could have imagined that so many of my prayers would be answered by Reese coming into our family. She changes me everyday! Helping me to be more selfless and loving. The first time I saw Reese, I thought her eyes were the purest things I have ever seen and they have not dimmed one bit. I never want that light to go out of her eyes, but help her always have a love of life and the love of Christ in her heart. I had prayed so many nights for our baby to come into our family, but I never thought I would enjoy motherhood so much. One thing that I didn't expect is that I am that one thing that Reese wants. I am the one that she is looking for to comfort her, I am the one that she wants to hold her hand when she has a procedure done or talk to her when she is scared. It is such an amazing feeling to be the comfort my little precious baby is looking for. It is humbling and yet the best feeling in the world. I guess that is what it means to be a mom. It's not that I'm just a mom, but I'm Reese's mom and that is such an opportunity. I know I have so many faults, but it is a humbling feeling to feel like I can know exactly what our baby girl needs. ( I just wanted to add that Ron is the same way. I didn't mean that she wants me over Ron:) She loves Ron just the same:)


3 months have gone by so quickly and I have learned to sometimes let the dishes wait, laundry can be folded later, and the bathroom can be cleaned tomorrow because playing with Reese and watching her grow will be moments that I can't take back. I feel like I don't want to miss a thing so sorry there are so many pictures.



Here are some of Reese's stats

Reese at 3 months old..

8lbs 6oz. 19 inches long

Eating 3oz every 3 hours

wakes up usually around 4am to eat









tummy time


No comments:

Post a Comment