Thursday, January 1, 2015

Dec 31st

December 31st was such a great day this year. I truly felt so overwhelmed with joy. 2 years ago on December 31, 2012, Sadie first contacted us about the possibility of adopting Nora. We were blessed to adopt our sweet Nora and have developed such an amazing relationship with Sadie and now, 2 years later exactly, Sadie went through the Salt Lake temple to receive her endowments. 
I can't quite put into words how much I love Sadie and how proud I am of her. She has blessed our family so much and continues to bless our family. I remember after she placed Nora for adoption, she went back to Texas and completely submerged herself in work and school. She told me that she knew she couldn't just sit and cry over Nora, but she knew she needed to get to work so she could become who she wanted to be for Nora. After she placed Nora, I just remember crying because I knew she was hurting, but I didn't know what I could do to help console her besides send pictures and give her as many updates as I could. We have been so proud of Sadie as we have watched her move to Utah and completely submerge herself in the gospel. The thing that I love the most is to see how happy Sadie is. I love to watch her go with her friends on road trips and just having fun in college as she should be doing. It's been amazing to watch her grow and she has been a great example to me. Since Sadie has received her endowments, she has made it a goal to go to the temple every week and I'm excited to go with her this week. She is just a great example of what is means to be a disciple of Christ. 

As I have thought about Dec 31st, 2014, I am overwhelmed with joy. Not only did Sadie go through the temple, but we have been blessed with L and Ren. My heart truly feels so full! When we started this adoption process 6 years ago, I was praying so hard that we would be blessed with a baby. I didn't realize we would be blessed to have these sweet baby's birth mother's in our lives as well. I love it! When  I think about L and Ren, I feel such a sense of peace and love. She is such a spiritual and strong woman! From the moment I met her, I felt how close she was to her Heavenly Father. I know Heavenly Father has great plans for her and I pray that I can be everything that she prays for for her sweet baby. When I think of Ren, my heart grows about 2 sizes everyday. He is one chosen baby and I have felt that since the first time I met L. I am grateful that Heavenly Father has allowed me to feel these special blessings about His precious children. Even though Ren is not growing inside of me, I am grateful that Heavenly Father is preparing me for this precious boy. I just want to be so worthy of him and be the perfect mother. I know I am going to make lots of mistakes, but I know that if I council with Heavenly Father everyday, He will help me make sure that Ren becomes the amazing young man, missionary, husband, father, and leader that Heavenly Father has planned for him. One thing I also know for sure is that between L, myself, and Ron's example. Ren will sure know how to treat the women in his life. I know that is something that is very important to L as well as myself.  When I think about Ren, I can't help but be excited and filled with love, gratitude, and joy that he will get to have Ron as a father. Ron is so excited to have a baby boy that he can teach, love, go on father/son campouts, do projects around the house with, and just teach him what it means to be a man. I am excited to watch these two together. To be a man in Ron's book would consist of.......daily scripture study and living those principles, being consistent, learning, getting an education, preside, provide, and protect your family. It consists of daily and family prayer, service, love, and how to make his chocolate chip cookies and hot fudge. It consists of projects around the house, sacrifice, laughter, sports, family time,  family dinner, and a lot of fun! Ron truly is such a great husband and father and I'm so grateful that Ron will have the opportunity to be Ren's daddy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment