Sunday, January 25, 2015

35 weeks.....


Last Friday, was the 35 week mark for L's pregnancy. We text a lot, but we hadn't seen her since before Christmas so we were really excited to see her. We went to the Cheesecake Factory at City Creek and had a great time. I'm so grateful for L and for her faith, strength, and determination. It is amazing to me that we can feel so comfortable around each other already. I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father's hand is involved in this adoption and bringing all of us together. It is incredible the amount of peace we have felt with L. After everything that we went through with Portia, it is a night and day difference with L. I remember when we went to Savior of the World with L, we were sitting there laughing, talking, and getting ready for the show to start and I just thought, "This is how it is supposed to be." It was like I was living the dream that I had had a few months earlier. So when I say that she is a "dream come true", she literally is. I can't thank L enough for her faith, spiritual sensitivity, and her determination to place her baby with us. I'm not sure how she has done it, but she has allowed me to push away any fears I had about this adoption and fill my life with faith. You can feel of her testimony and the faith she has in her Father in Heaven and in us. I cannot help, but be filled with faith and hope. I hate to admit it, but before Nora was born, I had so much anxiety that I had rashes all over my body because of the stress. I was a stress mess and would call our case worker about every other day to see if she had any updates. She seriously is the greatest caseworker and I love her to death. Anyway, I haven't felt any of that anxiety about this adoption. I have just felt peace and a lot of excitement. That is a nice feeling! I only pray that I can help her to feel that same confidence and peace. I have been nesting like crazy and it is pretty neat because I realized that this is the first time that I have felt confident enough to start nesting. I owe that all to L. 

I just keep praying that she will be "encircled about in the arms of our Savior's love." I pray that she will constantly feel our love for her and realize that it's not just about the baby, but that we truly her. I pray that I can  be a support to her and help her in ways that I know not. I'm so grateful for L and pray that all will go well in the next few weeks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment