Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Sunbeam A Sunbeam

 I can't believe I have a little Sunbeam! These two truly are the cutest sunbeams around. Reese and Charlie and little best friends and their birthdays are a week apart. They have been inseparable pretty much since they were 9 months old. They were so excited for Sunbeams and were having a good laugh before their teacher came in. A couple months ago, Reese and Charlie sang their first duet in sacrament. During the primary program, Reese and Charlie sang, "I am a Child of God!" It seriously was the sweetest thing I had ever heard and I was so proud of Reese for standing up and singing. She was really nervous and her hands were up by her mouth at the beginning of the song, but she slowly relaxed and was able to sing. It was adorable.

I love my sweet Reesie! She is such an amazing big sister and daughter. She hates to see anyone cry and is so selfless. She has such a tender heart and cannot handle contention in any way. If kids are arguing at school, she covers her ears and has to walk away. She literally cannot handle it. Reese has such a pure heart and is constantly thinking of other people. With all that happened a few months ago with having Lola in our home and then having her taken away, Reese has developed some separation anxiety and it is heartbreaking to watch her go through this. She doesn't miss Lola, but she has an irrational fear that something bad will happen if she is separated from us. She used to love gymnastics, church, and school, but if I even mentioned it, Reese would have a complete meltdown. Her teacher at school tried to just grab Reese from me and take her into class, but Reese just clung onto me even tighter. Reese talks in her sleep and we would hear her crying and saying, "Please don't make me go! Don't leave me!" It was so sad and we would have to wake Reese up and give her assurance that we were here and that it was just a dream. We have prayed, fasted, and tried to talk Reese through things to help her enjoy all of her classes again. I finally just started taking Reese to all of her classes and tried to hide in the back corner, hoping that she would forget I was there. Last week, Ron was with Reese in her sunbeam class and she didn't want him to leave, so he stayed by the door. Nora was crying in nursery and so Ron asked Reese if he could leave to go check on Nora. She was worried about Nora as well and finally let Ron leave and he left Reese in her class the rest of the time. Reese was so proud of herself for staying in class by herself and it has helped her to gain the confidence that she needs to stay in class by herself. She has slowly stayed in class longer and longer and was able to go to school by herself all week.  I'm so proud of Reese and I have learned so much from her. This is one of the first real trials that I have seen Reese go through and I was brought to tears as I would listen to her pray for help to go to school. I watched her try so hard to stay in in a class by herself and be strong before she would get scared and start crying. I'm so grateful for our sweet girl and for having faith in Heavenly Father. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that knows exactly what Reese is afraid of and loves her perfectly. I know He comforted her and helped her get through some of the anxieties she was having. We are grateful for our little Sunbeam!!








No comments:

Post a Comment