Sunday, December 29, 2013

Nora is 8 months old.....

8 months old and going on 2 yrs old. Nora is learning new things everyday and is always trying to keep up with her sister, which is not very far behind.  In the past month, Nora has learned to crawl up the stairs, stand on her own, talk ( she can say, dog, mama, da da, ball, Jessie, good, Rssss, ), she loves pretty much any food you give to her, and she is finally sleeping all the way through the night (8pm-8am). I love my Nora girl and she truly is such a special daughter of our Heavenly Father. She learns things so quickly and has such a peace about her. I love that she is a Mama's girl and that she will go to about anyone, but as soon as she sees me, she wants to come right back to me. If someone wants to hold her, I give her to them and then have to hide myself so she doesn't see me. Nora is my cuddle buddy and loves to cuddle and watch movies. A habit that Nora and I have started that is one of my favorite times of the day is our parfait time. After Reese goes down for her nap and before Nora goes down for her second nap, we sit on the couch and watch a show and share a yogurt parfait. She loves to eat the frozen raspberries out of the parfait and I eat the rest. It's just a simple thing, but something special between Nora and I. The only bad part is that I cannot eat a parfait now without Nora getting really excited and thinking it is our time to sit down and share it. Another special time of the day that I love to share with Nora is bedtime. At bedtime, we go up to her room and I rock her in her rocking chair while she drinks her bottle and I read my scriptures. I have had a difficult time during the day to find a quiet time where I can really just focus and read and not worry about a million different things. I have really been trying to hold my girls more often and this is a time that I get to do that.  Nora loves Reese and loves to do anything with her. I will often see them holding hands in the car when we're driving. It is the cutest thing and Reese can make Nora laugh harder than anyone else just by giving her a silly look. We love our baby Nora and each day is such a blessing with her in our home.










No comments:

Post a Comment