Saturday, December 31, 2011

9 months old....

 I cannot believe all that Reese has learned in the last month. She has started to crawl and she is pretty quick at it. Especially if she wants to play with the dogs. Her crawl is so cute. She is not real good at moving her hands one in front of the other so she does this worm looking crawl. It reminds me kinda of the butterfly stroke when you are swimming. I am sure she will get the hang of it soon:) My mom got Reese a walker for Christmas and as soon as I put it together, she took off in a run and almost landed on her face. She was so excited though to be on her feet. The problem with the walker though is that it plays really fun music and Reese will start to walk with it and then starts dancing away when the music comes on and she loses her balance. This girl loves to dance. Reese loves to stick her bum high in the air and laugh. She also sleeps like this, which brings the issue of a very full diaper in front in the mornings. I would like to give her baths at night, but her diaper always leaks out onto her belly and she smells like pee. ( If anyone has any advice for these little tummy sleepers......let me know:)
 Reese seriously has the strongest little legs. It is funny because Reese has these short little legs then really strong quads from all of her jumping.  We are wondering what activities she will like to do when she gets older.
 I had to show this picture again (above) because you can see Reese's first tooth pretty well. It seems that her tooth came in later than most, but I don't know much about these things. We can already see another tooth starting to come through so I guess they come in two's.
 On wednesday, Reese had her 9 month appt and I am always excited to get her new stats. She has pretty much caught up with her weight and height and doing great.
She weighs 16 lbs and is in the 10th %
Height: 25.5 inches, which is in the 5th %
 On Christmas Eve, Reese was watching her cousin clap and within the week, she is clapping away. We clap at everything these days, which is a lot of fun!



***** It's crazy how quickly she learns things. I started this post yesterday and by today, she learned to crawl normal, no longer the worm crawl, and she pulled herself up to the standing postion today. I love being home to watch every new phase, but I am especially having fun with this 9 month phase.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Reese! She'll be toddling around with Teyla in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I can totally see Reese toddling after Teyla, while they squeal away! I am also realizing how dirty my floor is by the looks of her knees and belly:)

    ReplyDelete