Thursday, November 24, 2011

Reese's blessing

I realized that I didn't take very many pictures at Reese's blessing so if anyone would like to email me some of their pics from the blessing....I would greatly appreciate it:)

I have been very excited for Reese's blessing for such a long time. I remember going to all my nieces blessings and I would just look at their moms with such admiration. They seemed to be the proudest mothers around. I couldn't believe it was my turn to be the proudest mom around, surrounded by all of our family and friends. I was also very excited for Ron to be able to bless Reese. It is always a special thing when your husband gives your child a blessing. It truly is a powerful thing to have many of the priesthood holders in your life surround your precious baby. Anyway, there was a part of Reese's blessing that has really stood out to me over the last couple of weeks. It said that "Reese came to our family as an answer to hundreds of prayers." I start to cry when I really start to think about how many prayers have been offered for our precious baby to come to us. Prayers offered day after day and night after night over the past 4 years have literally been hundreds of prayers. My heart was so full of gratitude as I looked around at all our family and friends and knew that they had prayed for her as well. And with all those prayers, I can say that she is the culmination of every single one of those prayers. In my eyes, she is perfect and I know she is a little piece of heaven. I am starting to understand how much Heavenly Father loves each of us more and more and I am grateful that He has given me this opportunity to be a mother.
After the blessing and everyone went home, I had the same overwhelming feelings of gratitude that I felt at my wedding. When you feel the spirit very strong and are so grateful for all that our Heavenly Father has blessed you with and the complete happiness you feel for your family. Nothing matters, but your family and you truly have an eternal perspective. I was trying to write down everything in my journal so I could remember all of these wonderful feelings that I had.
Reese and her cousin Teyla

Reese's best friend Nate!!
Our Church cousins:)

No comments:

Post a Comment